Job Title: Looking for an experienced short staple fiber spinning technical consultant. As a CCI technical consultant, the successful candidate will be expected to provide technical support for textile mills, primarily in South East Asia, using US cotton.
Reporting To: CCI Director for SE Asia with functional reporting to CCI Global Textile Director. Need to work collaboratively with Country Representatives.
Overview: This function will involve in educating mill technicians and senior executives about correlation of cotton purchase to perceived ‘problems’ in processing and quality. This person will advise on best practices of cotton purchasing and processing & technical elements from bale laydown to machine settings in order to get the best out of superior US cotton fiber.
The key activities will be mill audits, mill service visits, working with mill management on adjustments and overseeing mill trials of US cotton to replace competitive fibers.
The main task of the Technical Consultant is to increase the perception of mills and manufacturers that U.S. cotton is the preferred cotton and worth paying a premium for.
This will be done by helping those mills and manufacturers achieve proven higher operating and quality performance with US cotton. The ultimate result of the changes in perception and performance will be an increase in the number of licensees and in the number of bales of US cotton sold to targeted mills and manufacturers.
Key Dimensions of Position:
- Reports directly to the CCI Director for SE Asia with functional reporting to the CCI Global Textile Director.
- Is expected to travel to mills and manufacturers in the region for about 2 to 3 weeks per month.
- Advise serviced mills on the technical specifications of fiber properties to select for the products to be produced and how to optimize their manufacturing practices to maximize quality, increase efficiencies and lower costs.
- Make references to the presentations of technical research studies that CCI has conducted around the world that prove that US cotton should be the cotton of choice.
- Have in-depth, practical experience (8 to 10 years) in all aspects of cotton textile yarn manufacturing.
- Have a formal education in textile engineering/technology from a recognized textile school
- Have good verbal and written communication skills in English. Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Feel comfortable working on multiple levels from direct interaction on the floor with technicians to explaining the audit findings and recommendation to middle and senior manufacturing management, cotton buyers and business owners.
- Understand data development and reporting.
- Willing to travel in SE Asia for at least 2 to 3 weeks per month.
Applications should include up-to-date curriculum vitae, availability date, and a statement of special qualifications for this position. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted. The application will be accepted by email ONLY. Applicants should state a job title “Technical Consultant” in the subject line and forward inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is May 10, 2019 @ 5:00 p.m. U.S. EST. Equal Opportunity Employer.