BRUSSELS, Belgium — September 8, 2020 — The INDEX™ Innovation Awards are presented only once every three years for “Excellence in the nonwovens and related industries.” Originally due to be presented at the INDEX20 exhibition in April, since postponed until September 7-10, 2021, EDANA has decided to present these coveted industry Awards ‘Live’, in an online ceremony which will take place on October 6, 2020, from 3-4 p.m.
The INDEX Innovation Awards are open to all INDEX20 exhibitors and EDANA members, for products commercially available by January 31, 2020, and have been selected by a jury of experienced industry members. The INDEX Innovation Awards are the highest accolade for the best examples of excellence in the industry, highlighting creativity and innovations from businesses of all sizes and roles within the business.
The Awards are comprised of seven categories covering all fields of the nonwovens supply chain, with a maximum of three nominees selected per category. The winners will not be disclosed until the online event on 6th October 2020.
The live ceremony will feature short videos from the nominees in each category (see below), followed by the announcement of the winner of each live on-line.
In addition, during the weeks leading up to the live event, observers and participants in the nonwovens industry will be able to view gradually the videos from the nominees posted on the index nonwovens LinkedIn page starting from Tuesday, September 8.
By watching the videos of their choice, visitors to the page will be able to participate in a special prize. The video which receives the most ‘Likes’ in total on the index nonwovens page will be honored with a special INDEX20 ‘People’s Prize’, and voted the most liked industry innovation of this year.
All the Award winners’ and nominees’ submissions will subsequently be on display in the Nonwovens Innovation Lab, a new feature at the INDEX20 exhibition, taking place at Palexpo in Geneva, September 7-10, 2021, aimed at showcasing how invention and sustainability drive the industry forward.
Nominees for each of these, in alphabetic order, are as follows:
- Nonwoven Roll Goods
- Fa-Ma Jersey – Microfly ™ – nanocham AG+
- Jacob Holm – Sontara® Dual
- Sandler – New ADL
- Finished products made from, or incorporating nonwovens
- Callaly – Tampliner®
- Dupont De Nemours – Dupont™ Tychem® 2000 SFR
- Hassan Group- Heatable Geosynthetic Material
- Raw materials or components (e.g. fibre, binder, polymer, tape), of special relevance to the nonwovens industry and related converted products
- Beaulieu Fibres International – UltraBond
- Omya International – Omyafiber® 800 (Calcium Carbonate)
- Pelsan – Biodegradable breathable film for hygiene & medical market
- Innovation in machinery of special relevance to the nonwovens industry
- CAMPEN Machinery – New patented airlaid beater forming technology
- Dienes Werke für Maschinenteile – Depth Control Senso Plus (Led)
- GDM – Expandable Welding Wheel
- Achievement for the most original marketing campaign for a product made from, or incorporating nonwovens:
- Berry Global – J-Cloth® Plus Biodegradable Communication Campaign
- Sustainable Product
- Ahlstrom-Munksjö – Fiber+, Green Capsule oxygen barrier lid, Compostable k-cup filter
- Beaulieu Flooring Solutions – Rewind – Forward thinking carpet
- RKW – RKW HyJet® Crop Cover
- Sustainable process or management practice
- Diaper Recycling – Pureflow8
- Fatersmart – Closing the loop on used absorbent hygiene products
- TiHive™ – TULIPZ
Posted September 9, 2020