PARIS — February 7, 2023 — Each year, the JEC Composites Innovation Awards celebrate successful projects and cooperation between players of the composites industry. Over the last 25 years, the JEC Composites Innovation Awards program has involved more than 1,900 companies worldwide. 214 companies and 527 partners have been rewarded for the excellence of their composites’ innovations and fruitful collaboration. These composites champions are awarded based on multiple criteria such as partner involvement in the value chain, complexity, or commercial potential of the project.
The competition is open to any company or R&D Center with a strong collaborative innovation or concept to present. The success of each competitor is closely linked to the partnerships and collective intelligence involved.
More than just a ceremony, these awards, in partnership with KORDSA, are an opportunity to bring possibly undisclosed projects in the limelight as well as a source of inspiration and stimulation to an expert audience always eager to reach out towards new horizons.
After pre-selection of the 30 finalists, one winner will be selected in each of the 11 categories:
- Aerospace – Parts
- Aerospace – Process
- Automotive & Road Transportation – Design Part
- Automotive & Road Transportation – Process
- Building & Civil Engineering
- Circularity & Recycling
- Digital, AI & Data
- Equipment, Machinery & Heavy Industries
- Maritime Transportation & Shipbuilding
- Renewable Energies
- Sports, Leisure & Recreation
The international jury representing the entire composites value chain includes:
• Dr. Deniz Korkmaz, chief technology officer, Kordsa Teknik Tekstil AS;
• Pr. Véronique Michaud, Head of the Laboratory for Processing of Advanced Composites, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne;
• Dr. Alan Banks, UK Innovations manager, Ford Motor Co.;
• Pr. Christophe Binetruy, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Centrale Nantes;
• Dale Brosius, CCO, IACMI-The Composites Institute;
• Dr. Enzo Cosentino, Technical Authority and Composite expert, Airbus;
• Guy Larnac, Materials, Structures & Industrialization technical coordinator, Ariane Group;
• Dr. Karl-Heinz Fueller, manager Future Outside & Materials, Mercedes-Benz;
• Pr. Kiyoshi Uzawa, director/professor, Innovative Composite Center, Kanazawa Institute of Technology;
• Pr. Sung Kyu Ha, professor, Hanyang University; and
• Michel Cognet, chairman of the Board, JEC.
Posted: February 7, 2023
Source: JEC Group