RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. — June 8, 2015 — AATCC announces the winners of the 2015 AATCC Concept 2 Consumer® Student Design Competition. AATCC received 44 entries from fourteen colleges and universities for its eleventh annual design competition.
This year’s theme, Hot Technology for Cool Days, challenged students to create a cohesive outerwear collection including technology features in the fabric selection or product design for 8 to 30-year old individuals. Color palettes were chosen from the Pantone Winter 2016 Trend Palettes. See the full competition guidelines.
Awards included a first place cash award of $1,000 along with a copy of Pantone’s Cotton Passport and a $100 Spoonflower gift certificate; a $750 award and a $100 Spoonflower gift certificate for second place; and two $100 awards for honorable mentions and $50 Spoonflower gift certificates.
- 1st Place – Fold Me Away-Tech Me Away! by Ornella Santoni, Drexel University
- 2nd Place – Illusion by Armani Dodd, Drexel University
- Honorable Mentions:
- City Escape by Brenna Conner, Kansas State University
- Mount-Tech by Emily Kopcik, University of Delaware
AATCC would like to extend appreciation to the competition judges* and developers:
- Allison Tate*, Senior Marketing Associate at Spoonflower, Inc.
- Brooks Tippett, VP of Operations at Pantone
- Ellen Sheppard*, Apparel Product Development Manager at REI Private Brands
- Heidi Carvalho, Independent Industry Professional
- Jason Craig*, Senior Designer-Outdoor at The North Face
- Jeana Hatch*, Manager, Product Development at Cotton Incorporated
- Kerry King, Director, R&D at Spoonflower, Inc.
- Mary Berghoff*, Apparel Product Developer at SmartWool
- Mary Brannon, Apparel Technology Coordinator at Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Neenah Maier*, Sportswear Designer at REI Private Brands
- Nora Khanna, Product Development Manager at Pantone
Posted June 9, 2015