Techtextil Is California Bound
The 2013 West Coast edition of Techtextil North America will mark the show's tenth anniversary with a move to Anaheim, Calif.
TW Special Report
Techtextil North America 2013 — the tenth edition of the North American trade show for the
technical textiles and nonwovens industries, and its third West Coast edition — will take place
Tuesday, March 19, through Thursday, March 21, at the Hilton Anaheim in Anaheim, Calif. This is the
first time the show will be held in California, as its previous two West Coast editions were held
in Las Vegas. Show organizer Messe Frankfurt North America, Atlanta, expects the relocation to
Anaheim — a city that is served by four major domestic and international airports and counts
approximately 20 million people living within a 90-mile radius — will enhance both accessibility as
well as the show's audience size.
"We are pleased to announce the first German pavilion at Techtextil North America at the West Coast," said Michael Jaenecke, brand director, Technical Textiles/Techtextil, Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH, Frankfurt. "Many people consider Germany as one — perhaps even the — leading country in technical textiles. The 15 companies represent the wide range of textile technology, yarns, and textile materials as well as the German technical textile association. So, a visit to Techtextil North America in Anaheim could be the basis for new and prospering business leads."
Techtextil North America is touted as the only trade show in the Americas that covers the full vertical spectrum of the technical textiles/nonwovens sector, including research and development, raw materials, production processes, conversion, further treatment and recycling.
This year, the show's industry partners include Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas, Raleigh, N.C.; the Synthetic Yarn and Fiber Association, Clover, S.C.; North Carolina State University's The Nonwovens Institute, Raleigh; the Textile Technology Center at Gaston College, Belmont, N.C.; and various textile-related publications, including Textile World , Textile World Asia and Textiles Panamericanos .
To aid attendees in finding providers of the products, services and technologies relevant to their needs and interests, Techtextil North America exhibitors will be classified according to 12 application areas:
- Agrotech — including agriculture and forestry, horticulture and landscape gardening, animal husbandry, fences and more;
- Buildtech — including membranes; lightweight and solid construction; engineering and industrial building; temporary construction; interior construction; earth, water and traffic route construction; agricultural construction; and more;
- Clothtech — including specialized high-tech materials for apparel, footwear, bags and more;
- Geotech — including underground, civil engineering, earth and road construction, dam engineering, dump construction, ground isolation, drainage systems, erosion control and containment, and more;
- Hometech — including specialized high-tech materials for furniture, upholstery and interior furnishings, rugs, floor coverings, and more;
- Indutech — including filtration, cleaning, mechanical engineering, chemical industry, electrical industry, seals, sound absorption products and more;
- Medtech — including hygiene, medicine, rescue organization equipment and more;
- Mobiltech — including automotive, ship building, aircraft, aerospace, rail vehicles, motorcycle and bicycle construction, and more;
- Oekotech — including environmental protection, recycling and waste disposal applications, and more;
- Packtech — including packaging, protective cover systems, sacks, big bags, storage systems and more;
- Protech — including personal and object protection, and more; and
- Sporttech — including sports, leisure, activewear, outdoor, equipment and outfits, sports shoe applications, and more.
Product groups and services offered include: research, development, planning and consultation; technology, machinery and accessories; fibers and yarns; woven fabrics, laid webs, braiding and knitted fabrics; nonwovens; coated textiles and canvas products; composites; adhesives/bonding; and publications and associations.
The Techtextil North America 2013 Symposium — a three-day educational forum held concurrently with the exhibition — will present recent developments in the technical textiles/nonwovens sector. The symposium lineup includes five sessions on the subjects of new fiber technologies, protective textiles, high-performance composites, medical textiles, and nonwovens/filtration; and 25 presentations by leading industry experts covering market developments, technological information, new technical processes and products and international industry trends.
For 2013, Techtextil North America has shifted from having a keynote speaker instead to featuring key presenters who will open each of the symposium sessions. The symposium also will feature a structured program to allow attendees adequate question-and-answer time with presenters during and after each session.
Visitors wishing to attend the symposium may purchase either a one-day symposium pass or a three-day symposium pass, both of which include an expo hall pass. The show floor will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on March 19 and 20, and from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on March 21.
"We are looking forward to our first Techtextil North America show in Anaheim, California," said John Gallagher, president and CEO, Messe Frankfurt North America. "On the show floor, attendees can expect to do business with top exhibitors from North America, Asia, and Europe. This year's symposium — running concurrently with the exhibition — will once again present high-quality educational sessions with topics covering important sectors of the industry."
For more information about Techtextil North America, contact Claudia Maurer +770-984-8016 Ext. 433; email@example.com. A detailed symposium schedule may be found at techtextilna.com.