Invista Presents Autumn 2013 And Winter 2014 CORDURA® Denim And CORDURA® NYCO Fabric Collections At Denim By Premiere Vision
GLOUCESTER, U.K. — May 22, 2012 — INVISTA, owner of the CORDURA® brand, will present an Autumn 2013
and Winter 2014 global fabric collection at the 2012 Denim by Premiere Vision show, which takes
place May 23-24 in Paris. The collection highlights new CORDURA® Denim and CORDURA® NYCO
(nylon/cotton) fabrics from authorized CORDURA® fabric mills around the globe. Visit INVISTA stand
H75 and Artistic Milliners stand H85 to learn more.
The brand's new offerings include super durable denim and canvas fabrics available with and without stretch components in weights ranging from 225 -390 gsm (8.00 ounce to 13.75 ounce per square yard), as well as a wide variety of stylish coatings, fashion forward finishes, and a durable organic cotton based canvas offering. Based on an intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA'sT420 Nylon 6,6 staple fiber, CORDURA® Denim and CORDURA® NYCO fabrics are specifically designed to deliver a comfortable, highly durable fabric solution with exceptional abrasion resistance and wear life. Target end-uses include Ready-to-Wear, Active/Outdoor, Workwear, and Surf/Skate markets.
"Anyone who is looking for durable denim and canvas fabrics should be particularly interested in the exciting array of fabrics being offered by Artistic Milliners, as well as the latest mills to join our durable denim and duck fabric family: Mount Vernon, Nishat, Penfabric, and Dezhou YuanJi at the upcoming Denim by Premier Vision show," said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director. "These fabrics offer our brand's renowned long-lasting durability while providing a versatile range of styling options."
The Autumn 2013 and Winter 2014 global CORDURA® Denim and CORDURA® NYCO fabric collection includes:
• Artistic Milliners: 255 - 390 gsm (9-13.75 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics, with and without LYCRA® fiber and LYCRA® T400® fiber for added comfort and stretch and wide variety of specialty colors and finishes (Rivera, Sirrocco, Straight Edge and Pre-Shrunk & Skewed).
• Mount Vernon: 280 - 340 gsm (10-12 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics (88/12 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6)
• Nishat: 225 - 280 gsm (8-10 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® NYCO (75/25cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabrics in twill, canvas, rip stop constructions; colors include tan, brown, black, and navy; 240 gsm (8.5 ounce per square yard) CORDURA®NYCO fabric featuring Organic Cotton; Stretch CORDURA® NYCO fabric with 2x2 OxfordCanvas construction featuring LYCRA® fiber for enhanced comfort; Finishes include Peachand Lafer Peach.
• Penfabric: Newest mill to join the authorized CORDURA® NYCO fabric network;CORDURA® NYCO (75/25 cotton/INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 fiber) fabric offerings include 325gsm in 2/2 serge, 3/1 drill and 2/1 canvas and 380 gsm in 3/1 drill & 2/1 canvas weaves.
• Dezhou YuanJi: Newest mill to join the authorized CORDURA® Denim fabric network;offering 355 and 420 gsm (12.5 and 14.75 ounce per square yard) CORDURA® Denim fabrics in 3x1 weave denim constructions.
Representing two of the key design themes for this year's show: Ecology and Emerging Technologies, CORDURA® Denim and CORDURA® NYCO fabrics offer the authentic look, comfort and feel of traditional 100 percent cotton denim and canvas fabrics with built-in, long-lasting durability and added value. "Extending the life and performance of denim and other CORDURA® fabric offerings is our goal and supports our brand's tagline of 'Sustainability Begins With Products That Last™," said McNaull.
The Denim by Premiere Vision show in Paris will be held at the Halle Freyssinet, a former railway engine repair shop in the heart of Paris and in a neighborhood known for hosting a number of architectural projects and fashion shows. Customers are invited to meet the CORDURA® brand team, as well as see the latest innovations in CORDURA® Denim fabric at INVISTA stand H75, or at the Artistic Milliners stand H85.For more information on CORDURA® Denim and CORDURA® NYCO fabrics and sourcing, please visit www.CORDURA.com.
Posted on May 24, 2012