WASHINGTON, DC — March 22, 2018 — The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) held its 15th Annual Meeting March 20-22, in Washington.
Elected as NCTO officers for 2018 are:
- Chairman – Marty Moran, CEO of Buhler Quality Yarns Corp., a fine-count yarn supplier with a manufacturing plant and U.S. headquarters in Jefferson, Ga. Moran also served as 2017 NCTO Vice Chairman.
- Vice Chairman – Don Bockoven, president and CEO of Wellford, S.C.-based Leigh Fibers and ICE Recycling. Leigh Fibers is an innovative leader in converting textile waste into fiber solutions.
NCTO is a Washington-based trade association that represents domestic textile manufacturers.
- U.S. employment in the textile supply chain was 550,500 in 2017.
- The value of shipments for U.S. textiles and apparel was $77.9 billion in 2017.
- U.S. exports of fiber, textiles and apparel were $28.6 billion in 2017.
- Capital expenditures for textile and apparel production totaled $2.4 billion in 2016, the last year for which data is available.
Posted March 22, 2018