SAINT PAUL, Minn. — August 4, 2020 — H.B. Fuller has launched the latest generation of elastic attachment adhesives with Full-Care® 8220 to better serve the nonwoven hygiene industry, which is increasingly using elastic materials. This all-in-one elastic attachment adhesive demonstrates best-in-class creep and sheer strength performance across all key adult and baby diaper applications. The new solution addresses, for instance, leakage and blowouts identified as the number one consumer pain point, according to the company latest study.
The market trends for training pants, adult incontinence products, and alternative product designs with stretch features are driving the increase in elastic usage. According to Euromonitor International Outlook, global demand for training pants is expected to grow at 9 percent CAGR, significantly outpacing the growth of open diapers in the next five years, while improved product designs and fit drive elastics usage for the product category is expected grow at 5 percent CAGR 2019-2023. Also, various elastic features, such as doubled cuffs and stretchable cores, in alternative product designs aim at improving fit and preventing core sagginess after insult. As an all-in-one elastic attachment adhesive, Full-Care 8220 can be used for these applications.
When tested against the industry standard elastic adhesive, Full-Care 8220 demonstrated:
- Excellent creep resistance at the lowest industry coat weights;
- Robust sheer strength for high-stress tear, tab and insert attachment applications;
- Reliable curved elastic attachment performance on curved application for improved article fit;
- Potential for savings, with up to 25 percent add-on reduction on key industry substrates;
- Excellent processability across various machine types, allowing for higher productivity and minimized downtime for hygiene manufacturers.
Also, when tested in a third-party lab against other leading adhesive suppliers in an elastic adhesive benchmarking study conducted by a North America adult incontinence product manufacturer, Full-Care 8220 outperformed four leading competitive elastic adhesive products, delivering zero creep. Learn more about this new adhesive here.
Posted August 4, 2020
Source: H.B. Fuller