CAREY, N.C. — January 28, 2019 — INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, has announced a call for presentations for the ninth annual RISE® (Research, Innovation & Science for Engineered Fabrics) Conference to be held September 24-25, 2019, at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, N.C. RISE 2019 is a two-day conference presenting insightful research and science that propels product development.
RISE 2018 explored forward-looking technologies, concepts, and ideas that offered innovative solutions for current and future industry needs. The exceptional program content included bio-innovations in nonwovens, market dynamics and trends, e-textiles and standards, medical nonwoven developments, web formation and technologies, material science developments and microfibers in the marine environment.
Today, industry professionals are encouraged to submit their innovative, technical abstracts by Monday, March 18, 2019, for RISE 2019. It is a tremendous opportunity to share ground-breaking work with senior-level nonwoven/engineered materials professionals looking for new technologies, processes, and materials. Topics currently under consideration are:
- Developments in polymer technology;
- Sustainable materials development, or novel uses of existing renewables;
- Fiber development or utilization;
- Nano- and micro-fiber innovations; and
- Peripheral material technologies, including elastomeric materials, films, adhesives, among other technologies.
Equipment and Processing
- New processing technologies;
- Novel processing techniques or combinations thereof;
- New or novel converting processes; and
- Process control and optimization.
Product Related Technologies
- New or novel solutions for existing technical problems;
- Use of composite materials as solutions;
- Technologies specifically aimed at flammability, acoustic and thermal properties, moisture management;
- New testing methodologies or equipment; and
- Global trends in standards regulations.
- Medical and hygiene;
- Geofabrics and building construction;
- Automotive; and
- Smart materials.
Presentation abstracts of approximately 300 words should be emailed to Deanna Lovell, email@example.com, by March 18, 2019, and include contact information and the relationship of the research to nonwovens or engineered fabrics. Authors will be notified of the abstract’s status within 30 days after confirmed receipt.
RISE® Innovation Award
INDA is also seeking nominations for innovative nonwoven products and technologies for its prestigious RISE® Innovation Award. INDA will consider various categories such as raw materials, roll goods, converting, packaging, active ingredients, binders, additives and end products for nominations. Products should exhibit one of more of the following characteristics: creativity, novelty of approach, uniqueness and technical sophistication. The submission deadline is July 15.
Three finalists will be chosen to present their innovations to technology scouts, scientists, researchers, and next level industry professionals on Tuesday, September 24.
The 2018 RISE Innovation Award was presented to DiviDiaper for its innovative design helping to prevent and reduce both infant and incontinence-associated dermatitis in adults, urinary tract infections, catheter-associated urinary tract infections and other infections and pressure sores.
Award nominations are being accepted online through July 15th: https://www.inda.org/awards/rise-innovation-award.html
Posted January 29, 2019
Source: INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry