CARY, N.C. — JUNE 14, 2018 — INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry, reports its 12th annual World of Wipes® (WOW) International Conference June 5-8 successful in connecting 440 participants advancing their business in wipes.
The event was highlighted with an industry and committee majority vote announcing Diamond Wipes Internationals’ Hero Wipes as the recipient of this year’s World of Wipes Innovation Award®. The innovative new wipe removes toxic, cancer-causing carcinogens from firefighters’ skin. Other finalists were Solugen Inc.’s Ode to Clean Wipes made entirely from plant starch, and National Wiper Alliance’s Rhino Wipe™ Tote System, a portable container for easy dispensing of heavy duty Rhino Wipes.
The annual award recognizes the product that most expands the use of nonwovens and demonstrates creativity, novelty, uniqueness, and technical sophistication within the entire nonwovens wipes value chain.
Held at the Sheraton Grand, Chicago, the event attracted participants from 22 countries representing the entire wipes supply chain to examine issues and advances in the growing multi-billion dollar growing wipes sector.
Opening the conference was consumer psychologist Dr. Kit Yarrow, Professor Emeritus, Golden Gate University, presenting psychological insights and strategies for marketing to Gen Z. The program also included sessions centered on consumer trends and market data, sustainability, substrate innovation, challenges with preservatives, regulations, packaging, institutional wipe trends and progress on flushable wipes testing procedures.
Participants connected face-to-face with hundreds of wipes professionals during the Welcome Reception atop the 95th floor in the John Hancock Building. Stunning views and live music provided an informal atmosphere to connect with fellow industry professionals.
Preceding the conference, INDA’s Wipes Academy was conducted by instructor Rob Johnson, PE, Principal, Smith, Johnson & Associates. The Academy is the first and only comprehensive wipes training for the entire wipes supply chain.
“This year’s program content hit the mark in addressing key issues facing wipes producers and marketers. WOW serves as the hub for international wipes professionals to convene and connect, and the buzz this year indicates this happened in abundance,” said Dave Rousse, INDA president.
Other presentation highlights included:
- Status Quo: Innovation, and Actual Sustainability – Annie Weisbrod, Ph.D., principal scientist, The Procter & Gamble Co.;
- Product Stability and Preservation of Wipes – David Steinberg, president, Steinberg & Associates;
- A Paradigm for Sustainable wipes – Martin Wolf, director of Product Sustainability & Authenticity, Seventh Generation;
- Packaging for the Future of Wet Wipes – John Wilson, marketing manager, Bemis Company Inc.;
- Global Wipes Marketplace: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities in Retail and Institutional settings – Siana Jannesari, Tissue and Hygiene analyst, Euromonitor International; and
- The Future of Fragrance: Functional Sustainability – Tom Meyer, vice president, Innovation & Sustainability, Chemia Corp.
WOW networking events included two evening receptions amid 52 tabletop displays, daily breakfasts, networking breaks, and the option to Dine with Industry Thought Leaders.
Posted June 14, 2018
Source: INDA, the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry