BRUSSELS — April 11, 2017 — AHP (Absorbent Hygiene Products) Global is a newly created global network of industry associations representing the absorbent hygiene sector by providing a platform to share information and resources. Initiated by EDANA, the international association for nonwovens and related industries, the network brings together 10 national and international industry associations representing producers of absorbent hygiene products. Together, members of the network represent producers of baby diapers, tampons, pads and adult incontinence products, covering most of the world’s markets. In addition to international organisations such as EDANA and INDA, and regional associations like CASIC representing Latin America, the network brings together national associations from China, France, Japan, Russia, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Pierre Wiertz, General Manager of EDANA, said: “Although associations diverge in their nature and the scope of products they represent, they all seek to represent the interests of their members in regulatory affairs and media relations. Industry associations often face issues already confronted by their colleagues in other parts of the world and today we have launched a platform that can leverage this experience, to share information, learn from each other’s experience and build on our mutual strengths.”
Pierre Conrath, external relations and sustainability director at EDANA, commented: “In the context of global supply chains and the extremely fast evolution of policies and market trends, it is only natural that industry associations supporting this sector join forces to make the most of opportunities and develop common solutions to challenges. Beyond the exchange of information, I hope the network will enable many projects that would otherwise not have been possible and contribute to a more consistent and predictable environment for companies operating in this sector.”
Meeting for the first time in Geneva just before INDEX 2017, the world’s largest nonwovens exhibition, members of the AHP Global network discussed current challenges in the hygiene industry and explored opportunities for cooperation. In addition to facilitating the sharing of scientific and regulatory information, AHP Global creates unprecedented combined resources and expertise, opens up potential for common and consistent approaches and positions, and supports regular and efficient networking between industry associations.
AHP Global is made up of the following associations:
- China — China National Household Paper Industry Association (CNHPIA);
- France — French Association of producers of single-use products for health, hygiene and wiping (Group’Hygiène);
- International – International association serving the nonwovens and related industries (EDANA);
- International — Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry (INDA);
- Japan — Japan Hygiene Products Industry Association (JHPIA);
- Latin America – Latin American Cosmetics, Toiletry and Perfumery Association (CASIC);
- Russia — Association of Perfumery, Cosmetics and Household Chemistry Manufacturers (APCoHM);
- Turkey — Cosmetics and cleaning products association (KTSD);
- United Kingdom — Trade organization for UK manufacturers of disposable nappies, feminine hygiene products and continence care products (AHPMA); and
- United States — Center for Baby & Adult Hygiene Products (BAHP).
Posted April 11, 2017