ATLANTA — June 15, 2011 — The ninth edition of the highly acclaimed Techtextil North America
Symposium will be held April 24-26, 2012 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA.
We are pleased to announce that in 2012, ATME-I (American Textile Machinery
Exhibition-International) will be incorporated into Techtextil North America. Also in 2012,
Texprocess Americas (formerly SPESA Expo) will co-locate with Techtextil North America in adjacent
halls providing tremendous value for textile and sewn products industry professionals at all levels
of the textile and sewn products manufacturing and application supply chains. The co-location means
that attendees will be able to move freely between the individual shows and benefit from the
industry-leading educational and networking seminars and special events all in the same venue.
This co-location will offer speakers a potentially new audience and exposure to new
industries. As always, the timing of the 2012 edition will be such that participants will have
ample time to walk the exhibition floor. Multi-track sessions will feature technical and
application specific presentations relevant to the industry. Previous Techtextil North America
Symposiums have received high praise and acclaim proving once again that Techtextil North America
is THE “must attend”, most comprehensive event for the technical textile industry.
Papers are especially solicited in the following areas, with emphasis on work that will
impact the industry in the short term as well as in the future:
1) Extreme fibers, fabrics, materials and technology for special applications
2) Composites — involving high performance fibers/fabrics
3) New materials and new standards for safety and protection
4) Automotive, aerospace, transportation applications
5) Smart/intelligent coatings, nonwovens, and other materials
6) Technical nonwovens
7) Innovative materials — what, when, and how technical textiles will impact the industry
8) Medical — special applications
9) Green technology involving technical textiles
10) Packaging with technical textiles
Consideration will be given preference to those papers relating to:
1) New development and technology in all fiber/fabric forms
2) Innovations in materials, processes, or manufacturing techniques
3) Developing products and applications for technical textiles
4) Technical textiles research that may impact the industry
5) Markets (existing or emerging), industry issues (trade and others), trends, etc.
6) Relevance to practical applications and short to medium term adoption
Selection of the papers to be presented will be based on abstracts of 300-500 words. Authors
should emphasize new and significant findings/developments.
Abstracts must be received by August 5, 2011.
Though electronic submission (email) is preferred, the abstract may also be sent by fax or
Techtextil North America
1600 Parkwood Circle
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
The abstract must include the name, company or other affiliation, telephone number, fax
number, e-mail address and mailing address of the speaker and/or the person to whom correspondence
about the abstract should be directed. Only one speaker per presentation will be allowed, though
co-authors may be listed. The speaker for the paper should be underlined and (the speaker only)
will receive a complimentary symposium registration. Authors will be notified of acceptance of
their abstracts by September 30, 2011.
Authors of accepted papers will be required to provide a full paper and/or presentation by
April 1, 2012. The papers/presentations will be published in the Conference Proceedings on a USB
Stick provided to all registrants. While full papers are preferred, extensive outlines and
PowerPoint presentations will be considered for inclusion on the USB Stick (in pdf only). Authors
are responsible for securing any necessary copyright or other clearance for all abstracts, papers
and other materials submitted.
All presentations should be planned to run approximately 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for
For questions, please contact Lorie Gross at 678-732-2433 or
Posted on June 20, 2011
Source: Messe Frankfurt Inc.