LONDON — September 16, 2021 — Pantone LLC today announced the Pantone® Fashion Colour Trend Report Spring/Summer 2022 edition for London Fashion Week (LFW). Published for the fashion industry by the Pantone Color Institute, the trend forecasting and colour consultancy, this season’s report features the top ten standout colors as well as current takes on five core classics we can expect to see as fashion designers introduce new Spring/Summer collections.
Promoting new sentiments of simplicity and spontaneity, colors for LFW Spring/Summer 2022 fuse our deep connection to nature and need for comfort and familiarity with lighthearted airy pastels and visually arresting brights. Capturing this theme of complement and contrast, these colours inspire playful creativity and unconstrained expression that is full of life.
“Our use of color is connected to the cultural mood. As we explore a new future, we are looking for opportunities to do something completely different,” said Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute. “Colors that celebrate our desire to break the boundaries satisfy our fervent need for the playful creativity and unconstrained visual expression we are seeking as we enter into this time.”
About the Spring/Summer 2022 London Colour Palette:
Blending sentiments of simplicity and spontaneity inspires new forms of personalized expression
- 14-5713 Cascade: Connected to cleansing waters, dreamy Cascade cools and refreshes
- 16-1349 Coral Rose: Vivid Coral Rose is a floral tone whose energizing presence brings a sense of excitement
- 18-4143 Super Sonic: Vibrant Super Sonic is electric in intensity
- 12-0825 Popcorn: Bright and cheery Popcorn radiates warmth to all who embrace it
- 13-2004 Potpourri: Potpourri is a lighthearted and carefree fresh pastel pink
- 17-1928 Bubblegum: Eye-catching Bubblegum sends a message of playfulness and positivity
- 18-1160 Sudan Brown: Sudan Brown is a naturally rich earth-baked brown tied to the great outdoors
- 15-0549 Fragile Sprout: Sharp and acidic Fragile Sprout is visually arresting
- 14-3612 Orchid Bloom: Orchid Bloom is reminiscent of our heightened love for nature’s florals
- 18-1307 Coffee Quartz: Coffee Quartz, a flavorful brown that touches on both the basic and the glamorous
About the Spring/Summer 2022 Core Classics:
Classic, seasonless hues whose versatility express longevity
- 11-1001 White Alyssum: Clean and clarifying White Alyssum cuts through the chaos, addressing our desire for easy and effortless simplicity
- 15-1304 Humus: Tasty Hummus, a pragmatic classic promoting a comforting mood of well-being
- 15-6316 Fair Green: Fair Green is a calming and restorative restful green
- 14-4104 Northern Droplet: Northern Droplet is a pale gray that instills feelings of tranquility
- 18-4004 Poppy Seed: The silent power of deep gray Poppy Seed contains timeless familiarity
To support the Pantone Fashion Color Trend Report for Spring/Summer 2022 for London and New York, Pantone has partnered with Adobe Stock to curate a collection of images that reflect the palette of 10 top fashion colors as well as 5 core classics. With millions of visual assets, Adobe Stock is an amazing resource for creatives to seek visual inspiration and creative development.
Posted September 21, 2021