LAS VEGAS — July 18, 2019 — SOURCING at MAGIC comes to the Las Vegas Convention Center, August 11-14, 2019.
On the schedule:
Show Focus: Fashion Technology And Innovation
This August 11-14, 2019, throughout the show floor at SOURCING, you’ll discover the latest in innovation and technology in textiles, machinery, equipment, software and service providers from around the world.
- With three unique micro factories you will find the cutting edge in Apparel Design and Manufacturing Technology from 3D Body Scanning, digital fashion/textile design software and direct to fabric printing, automatic sewing along with automatic fabric cutting. From top Companies such as TUKATECH, ETON Systems and AIMS360.
- Sustainability Driven by innovative Fashion Tech: Our Sustainability Gallery will showcase new and emerging technology and service providers with a spotlight on technologies, companies, and organizations that are driving fashion forward towards a more sustainable future.
- Digital Apparel Micro Factories can now create apparel on-demand and in extremely short periods of time, gives designers and producers powerful “concept-to-creation” capabilities. In five steps you can go from design to product – CAD/Design to printing to cutting to sewing. The Process:
- Create & prepare a garment prototype using 3D renderings (2D/3D CAD Tech)
- Convert 3D Design to a 2D Pattern
- Pick fabric using color management software & you are now ready to digitally print
- Send design to Automated Cutters and Semi-Automated Sewing for Garment Completion.
- All this happens in under 3 hours in a footprint the size of a standard garage.
Also, A Few Seminars Focused On This Topic:
Innovation Taking The Supply Chain In New Directions (August 12)
- Supply chain innovation is leading us into a new Industrial Revolution impacting every aspect of business from the design floor to the retail floor via the production/sourcing corridor. Join our panel who will share the new strategies being developed by their brands/retailers to optimize their future success. Moderator: Edward Hertzman, SOURCINGJOURNAL.COM. Speakers: Barry McGeough, Former Founder of Innovation Next at PVH/head of Next Now, Kate Rowan, Director of Global Merchandising, Womens, CLUB MONACO, Aadi Vaidya, Chief Operating Officer, Zilingo
The New Fashion Retailer (August 13)
- From brick & mortar to e-commerce and beyond, retail is adapting to the new consumer buying habits &technology available to expand sales both domestically &globally. Both brands and retailers must adapt to survive and thrive. Moderator: Edward Hertzman, SOURCING JOURNAL. Speakers: Michael Rouse|Chief Commercial Officer International, Klarna, Dave Goulden |Chief Product Officer|One Market Network, exec from TRUEFIT, and an expert from FIRST INSIGHT
New: Footwear Innovation Lab
- An all new Interactive lab and event for our Footwear SOURCING show this lab showcases the latest in materials, manufacturing and content for the footwear companies of tomorrow. Come design your own prototype and see what cutting edge technology is available to you.
New: WGSN Trend Display
- WGSN is now the OFFICIAL Trend Partner for SOURCING at MAGIC and will be showcasing an all-new WGSN Trend Pop Up Installation. Featuring a fresh perspective on WGSN’s A/W 20/21 Trend Predictions in this purpose built “Pop Up” installation built specifically for WGSN.
- WGSN is highly regarded as the “leader” in trend forecasting and access to their latest trend predictions (A/W 21’/21’) is complimentary with your registration to SOURCING at MAGIC.
- Official WGSN Trend Preview Sunday August 11 @ 1:00pm on the SOURCING at MAGIC Show floor.
- Check out WGSN’s Seminar on “FUTURE CONSUMER: 2021” on August 12.
- From innovative paths-to-purchase & re-commerce to strategic corporate care, how will people’s behavior evolve & what will they expect from brands? WGSN’s consumer forecast presents the key consumer sentiments (Pressure, Deep Kindness and Emboldened) & profiles (The Compressionalists, Kindness Keepers, Market Makers, Cyber Cynics) that will disrupt industries in 2021.
- SPEAKER: Amiyra Perkins, Mindset Consultant Director, WGSN
PANTONE Color Display / Lounge
- Latest color trends from Pantone in our Pantone Color Lounge.
- Focused Seminar Led by Laurie Pressman, V.P., PANTONE COLOR INSTITUTE (August 12)
- Topic: Nest: Color As Oasis For Autumn Winter 20/21
- The concept of nesting is fundamental to our very existence. As we color our nest in Autumn/Winter 2020/21 color resounds; rich saturated shades sit alongside strong modern pastels and muted natural color, with texture, reflection and shine acting as integral partners in the way colors are seen and executed.
Denim District Featuring Denim Displays
- A dedicated area for all of your denim SOURCING needs!
- There will be over 40 factories represented in The Denim District, from countries such as Japan, Italy, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam and USA.
- Area will include a Denim Trend Display curated by AZTEX.
One MAGIC MOVE:
This August we bring all of MAGIC together in ONE location, to become ONE Community and ONE marketplace you will find all show in ONE Location the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Educational Seminars: Full list here: https://www.ubmfashion.com/show/76/schedule
Posted July 18, 2019
Source: SOURCING AT MAGIC