GASTONIA, N.C. — April 4, 2019 — Champion Thread Co. (CTC) — a provider of industrial sewing threads, engineered yarns, and other trim & findings — is celebrating its 40 Years of service to the textile and sewn products industries.
Thanks to a loyal and fast-growing customer base, CTC has expanded from its roots as a small thread broker into a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of a wide range of products and solutions that are sold on four continents.
Some of CTC’s major milestones include:
- 1979 – Founded by current CEO Bob Poovey;
- 1999 – Moved/expanded corporate office;
- 2007 – Strategic thread manufacturer acquisition;
- 2009 – Started engineered yarn business;
- 2011 – Opened state-of-the-art flexible mfg facility;
- 2014 – Expanded and opened current HQ location;
- 2016 – Matt Poovey promoted to President; and
- 2018 – Opened new warehouse/distribution facility.
Even with all the industry changes over these years, CTC remains a family-owned and operated business committed to providing the highest quality products, competitive prices, unmatched industry expertise, and superior customer support and relationships.
Since 1979, CTC has focused its innovative sewing threads, engineered yarn products, and unmatched industry expertise to help global textile, protective apparel, home furnishings, automotive, agricultural, industrial and other manufacturers solve their product, production, and supply chain challenges. Based in Gastonia, N.C., the family-owned and operated business is dedicated to providing high-quality products at competitive prices and differentiates itself by delivering unparalleled customer support and partnerships.
Posted April 4, 2019
Source: Champion Thread Company (CTC)