LAS VEGAS — January 17, 2018 —This February in Las Vegas, SOURCING at MAGIC will focus on the most important topic for 2018 – the digitalization of manufacturing. It’s a game-changer, and its here! Digital Apparel Micro Factories, which can create apparel on demand and in extremely short periods of time, gives designers and producers powerful “concept-to-creation” capabilities. In five steps you can go from design to product – CAD/Design to printing to cutting to sewing.
“Automation will ultimately change where and how all apparel is produced – we are at a tipping point in terms of the technology necessary to move this forward, said Christopher Griffin, President, Sourcing at MAGIC. “SOURCING at MAGIC felt it was a very compelling focus category that all buyers, brands and factories are interested in and are seeking guidance.”
- Create & prepare a garment prototype using 3D renderings
- Convert designs into printing data & transfer to digital printer
- Pick fabric using color management software & you are now ready to digitally print
- Send design to “heat press” which transfers the design directly onto the fabric
- Automated cutters the cut the patterns (sewbots)
SOURCING at MAGIC will let you experience the technology that will move your business into the future. Sourcing will host a micro-factory on the show floor, featuring live demonstrations of apparel production (the micro factory will produce tee-shirts onsite!). The micro-factory will consist of machinery from EFI, Optitex, EFI Reggiani, Klieverik, Zund , Eton System, along with robots and sewing from Henderson. Several specialists will lead panels informing audiences on functionalities and the benefits behind automated technology.
SOURCING at MAGIC will host show wide installations, seminars and events:
FEATURED AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGY:
Pattern Making Software | “Sew-bot” Machines | Auto-Drape Machines | Hot-press Printer | New Digital Printers for Cotton
Eton Systems | EFI | Optitex | Reggiani | Zund | Henderson Sewing Machine Co, Inc.
SMART FACTORIES: THE FUTURE IS HERE
- Digitalization of manufacturing is a fashion game changer linking the entire supply chain and no longer leaving the manufacturing in the “valley of analogue.” In order to meet these new challenges, manufacturers, designers, brands and retailers must adapt the new world of tech.
- Speakers include Katherine Stein, Softlines SGS North America Inc. and Joachim Hensch, HUGO BOSS/ SGS
MOVING INTO THE FUTURE OF MANUFACTURING FASHION: MICRO FACTORIES, FINISHING, ROBOTS and CUSTOMIZATION
- As fashion production changes at rapid pace, response to feedback and integration into flexible and lean manufacturing systems is imperative. Minimalizing the steps in the production process, the handling of garments along the supply chain including cutting and processing is a must for mass to customized production.
- We will discuss the future of robotic fashion factories.
- Speakers include Will Duncan, Executive Director, S.E.A.M.S., Frank Henderson, CEO, HENDERSON SEWING, Alex Vega, President ETON SYSTEMS INC, John Cote | North American Sales Manager, ZUND AMERICA INC.
DIGITIZATION OF SOURCING and AGILITY IN A VOLATILE WORLD
- Drawing on a recently released whitepaper from MCKINSEY & COMPANY, we will explore the importance of moving into the digitization of the supply chain for fashion products especially in today’s global world where technical, political and industry volatility reign.
- SPEAKERS: Althea Peng, Partner at McKinsey & Company | Advisor to Apparel Retail and Consumer Goods Companies and Chris Callileri, Chief Supply Chain Officer, TORY BURCH
Posted January 17, 2018
Source: SOURCING At MAGIC