Kraig Biocraft Laboratories Strengthens Q2 Spider Silk Production Expansion With New Vendor Quality Assurance Program

ANN ARBOR, Mich.  — May 3, 2022 — Kraig Biocraft Laboratories Inc., the biotechnology company focused on the development and commercialization of spider silk, announces that it has strengthened its second-quarter production expansion with a new vendor quality assurance program. This new program will allow the company to screen numerous mulberry suppliers and grow its database of trusted vendors.

This new vendor verification program was put in place to address the company’s growing demand for high-quality mulberry as a feedstock for its expanding production of recombinant spider silk. As the primary raw input for the company’s spider silk production, growing its supply base of verified mulberry producers is a crucial component for the continued production expansion.

Equipment and processes refined in the first quarter have positioned the company to focus nearly all of this quarter’s operations on finished yarn production. Some 85 percent of all silkworms produced this month are slated for spinning and use in finished fabrics and garments. These materials will be dedicated to the company’s joint venture apparel brand, Spydasilk™. The remaining 15 percent of production will be devoted to the company’s regenerative breeding program and growing the production base for the third quarter and beyond.

The relationship between nutrition and high-quality silk production cannot be overstated. Nutritional management is one the most important factors in maintaining optimal colony productivity and wellbeing. This new vendor verification process will play an essential role as the company looks to the future and outgrowing its existing production footprint and supplier base.

“Prodigy Textiles is experiencing intensive growth,” said company COO Jon Rice. “Putting systems in place to ensure that we are able to sustain Dragon Silk’s record-setting performance levels is key to managing that growth and delivering cost-effective and eco-responsible spider silk. This new supplier verification process will give us the confidence to aggressively pursue the growth needed, by increasing feed efficiency and maintaining feed quality, to fulfill material demand for months and years to come.”

Posted: May 3, 2022

Source: Kraig Biocraft Laboratories Inc.