HOUSTON — March 18, 2019 — ExxonMobil said today it plans to present its expanded portfolio of polymers, which enable customers to create innovative soft PP nonwovens, breathable and non-breathable backsheet films, soft-stretch elastic laminates and elastic nonwovens, and adhesives for hygiene and personal care products at IDEA19.
“IDEA19 is the perfect platform for customers to discuss their challenges and innovation ideas with our polymer and application experts,” said Bhaskar Venkatraman, vice president, ExxonMobil Chemical. “Together, we can start creating differentiated solutions to meet the needs of the growing global population, increasing urbanization and expanding middle class.”
Our portfolio of performance PE polymers, including Exceed™ XP, Exceed and Enable™ performance PE polymers deliver thin, comfortable and secure breathable and non-breathable backsheet films. In addition, Achieve™ Advanced PP allows brand owners to rethink what’s possible by providing outstanding barrier properties and up to 15 percent higher fabric strength for nonwovens. Also on display will be products made with Vistamaxx™ performance polymers, Escorez™ tackifiers, and ExxonMobil™ PP resins, all of which are used extensively by converters and formulators around the world.
“Demand for hygiene and nonwoven products, which help enable modern living, is expected to experience healthy growth,” said Venkatraman. “New products, such as Exceed XP, Exceed and Enable performance polymers, highlight our commitment to meet those needs and continue to serve our customers growth.”
These polymers and tackifiers deliver exceptional performance advantages for a range of hygiene products including:
▪ PP Nonwoven fabrics that are soft, comfortable, leak-proof and strong. For spunbond and meltblown processes, Achieve Advanced PP, Vistamaxx performance polymers and ExxonMobil PP resins offer ease of processing, softness, strength, and improved barrier performance.
▪ Backsheet films which are thin, comfortable and secure. Exceed XP, Exceed and Enable performance PE polymers allow the creation of breathable and non-breathable backsheet films with excellent mechanical properties and downgauging opportunities.
▪ Soft-stretch elastic laminates and nonwovens that provide a better fit. Vistamaxx performance polymer-based solutions offer tailored elasticity that enable fit, comfort and discretion, while maintaining low odor.
▪ Adhesives that are stable and provide high bond strength. Vistamaxx performance polymers and the Escorez 5000 family of high-performance tackifiers deliver adhesives that are light in color and remain thermally stable from manufacturing to product use.
▪ Compression packaging films that are extremely damage-resistant, helping brand owners protect their goods through the value chain. Exceed and Enable performance PE polymers provide tough, stiff films with great optical properties and downgauging opportunities of up to 26 percent.
For more information visit the ExxonMobil booth (#1602) at IDEA19
Posted March 18, 2019
Source: ExxonMobil Chemical