WASHINGTON — April 3, 2023 — The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO), representing the full spectrum of U.S. textiles from fiber through finished sewn products, held its officer elections for fiscal year 2023 last week.
NCTO has elected Norman Chapman, president and CEO of Inman Mills, as chairman, and Charles Heilig, president of Parkdale Mills, as vice chairman.
In addition to the appointment of a new chairman and vice chairman, NCTO elected chairs for each of its five councils. NCTO is comprised of five councils to ensure a broad representation of the industry supply chain. Each council has an allotted number of members who are elected to the association’s board of directors, in addition to the executive committee.
“I am pleased to announce our new officers, council chairs, and board and executive committee members for NCTO’s 2023 fiscal year,” said NCTO President and CEO Kim Glas. “I want to thank our new Chairman Norman Chapman and Vice Chairman Charles Heilig for their vital contribution to the Board and NCTO. Their input is invaluable, and we will work closely together to uphold and advance the interests of the U.S. textile industry.”
Elected as NCTO Chairman and Vice Chairman for 2023 are:
- Chairman — Norman Chapman, President and CEO of Inman Mills. Chapman is president and CEO of Inman Mills, based in Inman, S.C. Inman Mills is a spinning and weaving company founded in 1901.
- Vice Chairman — Charles Heilig, president of Parkdale Mills.
Elected to the NCTO Board of Directors during the various Council meetings were the following:
- Fiber Council — David Adkins of Lenzing; John Freeman of Nan Ya Plastics; and Chuck Hall of Barnet.
- Yarn Council — Jim Booterbaugh of National Spinning; Peter Iliopoulos of Gildan; Eddie Ingle of Unifi; Eric Noe of Buhler Quality Yarns; Richard Ridewood of Coats Group; and Marvin Smith of Shuford Yarns.
- Fabric and Home Furnishings Council — Chris Heard of Sage Automotive; James McKinnon of Cotswold Industries; Blake Millinor of Valdese Weavers; Leib Oehmig of Glen Raven; David Smith of Milliken & Company; and Joey Underwood of Elevate Textiles
- Finished Textiles and Apparel Products Council — Marisa Fumei-South of Two-One-Two New York.
- Industry Support Council — Todd Bassett of Fi-Tech; Cyril Guerin of Picanol; and Jim Reed of YKK Corp.
Elected by their respective councils to serve on the executive committee were:
Chuck Hall of Barnet; Blake Millinor of Valdese Weavers; Chris Heard of Sage Automotive; Eddie Ingle of Unifi; Marvin Smith of Shuford Yarns; Marisa Fumei-South of Two-One-Two New York; and Cyril Guerin of Picanol.
NCTO Chairman Norman Chapman has elected four additional executives to serve on the executive committee: Anderson Warlick of Parkdale Mills, Gabrielle Ferrara of Ferrara Manufacturing; John Maness of Gildan; and Walter Spiegel of Standard Textile.
Elected to chair the councils:
- Fiber Council: Chuck Hall of Barnet
- Yarn Council: Eddie Ingle of Unifi
- Fabric and Home Furnishings Council: Blake Millinor of Valdese Weavers
- Finished Textiles and Apparel Products Council: Marisa Fumei-South of Two-One-Two New York.
- Industry Support Council: Cyril Guerin of Picanol
Posted: April 3, 2023
Source: The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO)