WASHINGTON, DC — March 24, 2021 — The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO), representing the full spectrum of U.S. textiles from fiber through finished sewn products, held its officer elections for fiscal year 2021 today.
NCTO has re-elected David Roberts, CEO of Cap Yarns, as chairman and David Poston, president of Palmetto Synthetics, as Vice Chairman.
In addition to the appointment of a new chairman and vice chairman, NCTO elected chairs for each of its four councils. NCTO is comprised of four councils to ensure a broad representation of the industry supply chain. Each council has an allotted number of members who are elected to the association’s board of directors, in addition to the executive committee.
“I am pleased to announce our new officers, council chairs, and board and executive committee members for NCTO’s 2021 fiscal year,” said NCTO President and CEO Kim Glas. “David Roberts (CEO of Cap Yarns) has been re-elected as our chairman and David Poston (President of Palmetto Synthetics) has been re-elected as our vice chairman. I want to thank both of them for their vital contribution to the Board and NCTO. Their input is invaluable.”
“This is a critical juncture for our industry, which answered the call of the nation to produce lifesaving personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontline workers battling the COVID-19 pandemic,” Glas added. “We will continue to engage with all stakeholders to press for policies that support the industry overall, help onshore PPE production and create a permanent domestic supply chain.”
“With the support of our elected officers, NCTO will continue to work on behalf of its members to shape policies that will help our industry persevere and thrive. Through a dedicated association staff and a committed group of industry leaders, we will ensure that together we continue to have a seat at the table in Washington.”
Elected as NCTO Chairman and Vice Chairman for 2021 are:
- Chairman – David Roberts, CEO of Cap Yarns, Inc. — Roberts is CEO of Cap Yarns Inc., based in Clover, S.C. Cap Yarns is a specialty yarn manufacturer and a leader in developing unique yarns for the knitting and weaving industry.
- Vice Chairman – David Poston, president of Palmetto Synthetics LLC — Poston is President of Palmetto Synthetics, based in Kingstree, S.C. Palmetto Synthetics is a leading specialty synthetic fiber producer that has provided specialty thermoplastic fibers to companies across the globe.
Elected to the NCTO Board of Directors during the various Council meetings were the following:
- Fiber Council – Jay Brinson of PHP Fibers; Tom Brekovsky of Auriga; Chuck Hall of William Barnet & Son; Melissa Minihan of The LYCRA Company; Alejandro Sanchez of DAK Americas; and Chip Stein of Stein Fibers
- Yarn Council – Jim Booterbaugh of National Spinning Co.; Charles Heilig of Parkdale Mills; Eddie Ingle of Unifi; Robin Perkins of Frontier Yarns; Allen Smith of American & Efird; and Marvin Smith of Shuford Yarns
- Fabric Council – Norman Chapman of Inman Mills; Kathie Leonard of Auburn Manufacturing; Chad McAllister of Milliken & Company; Leib Oehmig of Glen Raven, Inc.; Dirk Pieper of Sage Automotive Interiors; and Blake Millinor of Valdese Weavers
- Industry Support Council – Cyril Guerin of Picanol; Ian Mills of Fi-Tech; and Marisa Fumei-South of Two-One-Two New York Inc.
Elected by their respective Councils to serve on the Executive Committee were: Ian Mills of Fi-Tech; Melissa Minihan of LYCRA; Leib Oehmig of Glen Raven; Robin Perkins of Frontier Yarns; Allen Smith of American & Efird; and Chip Stein of Stein Fibers
Elected to chair the Councils:
- Fiber Council: David Poston of Palmetto Synthetics
- Yarn Council: Robin Perkins of Frontier Yarns
- Fabric and Home Furnishings Council: Leib Oehmig of Glen Raven, Inc.
- Industry Support Council: Ian Mills of Fi-Tech
Posted March 24, 2021
Source: The National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO)