ALEXANDRIA, Va. — May 20, 2020 — TRSA will host its 107th Annual Conference October 20-22, 2020, at The Westin Alexandria in historic Old Town Alexandria, VA. Old Town Alexandria is the perfect backdrop for conference attendees and guests to share experiences of recovery and renewal in this unprecedented, post-COVID-19 world: this historic 18th century port city, located less than 10 miles from Washington, has had a front row seat to every challenge overcome by man in modern times.
The 107th Annual Conference’s expanded, inclusive agenda includes a dozen general and breakout sessions, as well as Industry Awards recognition including Operator and Supplier Partner (Associate) Lifetime Achievement Awards. The conference begins on Oct. 20 with TRSA committee meetings, featuring industry professionals ranging from managers through CEOs and owners. In addition to committee initiatives, participants of these volunteer-led sessions will also include 30-minute, open discussion on industry-related issues. Following lunch, the TRSA leaders will participate in a Volunteer Leadership Interactive Industry Strategic Direction and Brainstorming facilitated workshop led by Eric Kurjan, president of Six Disciplines Consulting.
The TRSA Annual Conference will inspire and challenge attendees during keynote presentations scheduled throughout the rest of the conference (Oct. 21 and 22):
- Get A Grip on Your Business: Six Keys to Getting What You Want from Your Entrepreneurial Company – Mike Paton, Visionary, Author and Speaker, Entrepreneurial Operating System Worldwide (EOS).
- The State of U.S. National Security in Our Airspace – General Lori Robinson, Commander, NORAD (May 2016-May 2018), Commander, U.S. NORTHCOM, Commander, Pacific Air Forces (Oct. 2014-May 2016).
- Political Update – Chris Stirewalt, Politics Editor, Fox News.
Additional general sessions include Legislative Update with Kevin Schwalb, vice president of government relations, TRSA; and Textile Services Bottom-Line Performance with Andrew Wittmann, CFA, director and senior research analyst, Robert W. Baird Facility & Industrial Services Research Team.
In addition to general sessions, these six breakout sessions will be offered:
- Growing Your Business After COVID-19 – Eric Kurjan, president, Six Disciplines Consulting and TRSA’s EMI Session IV faculty head and instructor;
- Managing Difficult People in the Workplace – Dr. H. Kent Baker, University Professor of Finance, Kogod College of Business Administration, American University and Dean of TRSA’s EMI, EMI Session I instructor;
- Post-Corona, Post-Elections: How Smart Leaders Are Leveraging the New Political, Economic and Tech Issues in a New World – Gene Marks, president and CEO, The Marks Group;
- Selecting People Who Stay – Sherri Merbach, managing director, C-Suite Analytics, consultant and certified executive coach;
- The Power of Vulnerability-Based Leadership – James H. Underwood, Senior Consultant, Currier Consulting Group and TRSA’s EMI Session III instructor; and
- Technology, Experience and the Future of Textile Services – Joyce Gioia, CMC, CSP, futurist and CEO, The Herman Group of Companies.
TRSA will award the commitments to diversity, safety and community service among member companies in addition to the Lifetime Achievement awards conferred annually on a specific operator and associate (supplier) member whose involvement has made an impact on the industry. (Nominations for the Lifetime Achievement awards – the 2020 Operator Lifetime Achievement award and the Maglin/Biggie TRSA Lifetime Achievement award – are currently being accepted through May 31 at www.trsa.org/awards.)
Posted May 20, 2020