DALTON, Ga. — October 11, 2019 — Shaw Industries Group Inc. is hosting a webinar with Sustainable Brands on October 17 at 1 p.m. EST with diverse organizations intently focused on products and initiatives that support the wellbeing of people and the planet. The webinar will explore what is driving their efforts, the challenges they’ve faced, keys to success and what’s on the horizon.
Moderated by Susan Farris, vice president of sustainability and corporate communications at Shaw, panelists include:
- Perkins and Will’s Material Performance Lab Co-Director Mary Dickinson
- A global architecture and design firm that ignited an industry movement toward healthy building materials in 2008, and whose Material Performance Lab continues to lead research and educate design professionals on how to choose healthier, more sustainable products
- HeiQ Group’s Co-founder & CEO Carlo Centonze
- A leader in textile innovation that helps textile brands and manufacturers quickly identify, target and manufacture novel technologies, including groundbreaking work on IKEA’s air purifying curtain concept
- Healthy Building Network’s Collective Impact Director William Weber
- An organization dedicated to advancing human and environmental health who in conjunction with the Housing Partnership Network helps encourages the adoption of healthier materials in the affordable housing sector
“At Shaw, we put people at the center of sustainability — what we call sustain[HUMAN]ability™. It’s why we’re focused on the ingredients that go into products and the impacts of sound, moisture and other design elements so we can create a better future,” noted Farris.
She continued, “We believe in a future comprised of spaces and places that support the wellbeing of people and the planet. This webinar provides the opportunity for attendees to learn from others’ successes and innovations as well as the challenges they faced in the process.”
- Gain insights into the trends that are driving companies, nonprofits/NGOs and others to focus on people at the core of their sustainability efforts;
- Understand common obstacles to change and innovation and how to overcome them; and
- Learn about the value of leveraging partnerships to achieve sustainability objectives.
Register for free at: https://sustainablebrands.com/events/view/sustaining-human-ability-taking-a-people-centric-approach-to-sustainability
Posted October 11, 2019
Source: Shaw Industries Group Inc.