CHICAGO — June 13, 2018 — Steelcase today announced that its family of brands won top honors in several categories for its showroom and products at NeoCon 2018, North America’s largest design exhibition and conference for commercial interiors. The company’s newly expanded and redesigned Chicago showroom has been named Best in Competition and the Best Large Showroom (4,000 sq. ft. or larger). Other honors for Steelcase brands include three Best of NeoCon Awards, an Interior Design HiP Award and a #MetropolisLikes Award. Designtex, a Steelcase company, also received three Best of NeoCon Awards.
“This has been a milestone year for us as we’ve launched a redesigned WorkLife space, numerous new and innovative products and additional partnerships,” said Steelcase president and CEO Jim Keane. “We’re honored to be recognized for these efforts. It is a testament to our team’s creativity and our collective commitment to giving our customers a broader array of choices to help them have a better day at work.”
Steelcase received the following recognition:
- Steelcase was awarded Best in Competition in the IIDA/Contract Magazine Showroom & Booth Design Competition and was also named the Large Showroom category winner. This annual competition, sponsored by the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) in partnership with Contract Magazine, honors outstanding creativity in corporate branding initiatives for showroom and booth design at NeoCon. The new Steelcase showroom includes a reimagined and redesigned WorkLife space and an all-new WorkCafé, featuring spaces for socialization and collaboration. Both spaces showcase the company’s vision for how to create a great employee experience by designing spaces that support people’s wellbeing, embedding technology to help make spaces more effective and providing a range of diverse choices that give people control over where and how they work.
- Steelcase and its family of brands won six 2018 Best of NeoCon Awards, presented by Contract Magazine, honoring the top new commercial interiors products introduced to the market.
- SILQ™ by Steelcase Design Studio won an Innovation Award in the Seating Ergonomic Desk/Task category. SILQ, a breakthrough in seating design, its patent-pending material composition and new manufacturing process is redefining the office chair. Its simple design is more organism than mechanism and responds intuitively to people’s natural motion. It is now available to order.
- Mackinac™ by Steelcase won an Innovation Award in the Furniture Collections for Collaboration category. Mackinac (MAK-uh-naw) offers a range of furnishings that support the accelerated pace of work and help people move, think and feel better. Its unique, height-adjustable cantilever work surface allows people to quickly shift between individual focused work and collaboration without leaving their workspace.
- Embold™ by Steelcase Health won Gold in the Healthcare Guest and Lounge Seating category. Embold is a collection of seating and tables that combine beauty with accessibility, while offering a variety of sizes and material options. Inviting and expressive, Embold brings residential styling to healthcare with a collection that is versatile for a wide range of people, needs and spaces.
- Surroundings by Designtex won Gold in the Healthcare Fabrics & Textiles category. Surroundings is a healthcare textile collection centered around the patient experience. The textile designs featured in the collection balance high-performance and calming aesthetics to offer added psychological and physiological benefits through the use of biophilic design elements, visual refinement and innovative Celliant® technology. The FDA has determined that Celliant products are medical devices as defined in section 201(h) of the Act and are general wellness products.
- The Celliant® Collection by Designtex won Gold in the Textiles: Upholstery category. Designtex Celliant is a responsive textile made with patented, cutting-edge fiber technology that incorporates a proprietary blend of thirteen thermo-reactive minerals. These minerals reflect naturally emitted infrared energy back to the user’s body to provide performance, health and wellness benefits.
- Designtex + Coalesse Collection was named Editors’ Choice in the Textiles: Upholstery category. The collection features nine patterned textiles that celebrate and evoke the synergy of cross-disciplinary collaboration. Utilizing the expertise of small specialty mills, the resulting designs delve deep into a nuanced exploration of color, geometry and the tactility of fine fibers.
- The fifth annual Interior Design Honoring Industry People & Product (HiP) Awards, which celebrates commercial industry pioneers and their achievements, awarded Steelcase with honors for SILQ in the Workplace Seating: Task category. Turnstone’s Clipper™ was also named a finalist in the Workplace: Partitions & Walls category.
- SILQ is also a 2018 #MetropolisLikes Award winner, selected by Metropolis editors.
Celliant is a trademark of Hologenix, LLC.
Posted June 13, 2018
Source: Steelcase Inc.