NOVEDRATE, Italy — June 12, 2017 — Digistar HI-PRO — one of Kiian Digital’s renowned sublimation transfer inks — has achieved ECO PASSPORT certification. This enables it to be used in the production of sustainable textiles and those required to achieve STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® certification is a two-step process:
- Screening and chemicals compliance with the Restricted Substance list (RSL) STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® as well as those chemicals which are listed in: STeP OEKO-TEX® Manufacturing Restricted List (MRSL); the list of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) detailed in the regulation of the European Union R.E.A.C.H. and ZDHC Manufacturing Restricted List (MRSL).
- Analytical verification testing for contaminants and impurities present in the chemical components performed by an OEKO-TEX® member institute laboratory.
Only by passing this process can you achieve ECO PASSPORT certification.
“Kiian Digital, once again, demonstrates the dedication to develop its product portfolio with respect for the environment. The ECO PASSPORT enables customers to meet the criteria of sustainable textile production”, points out Marco Girola, Marketing Specialist JK Group.
ECO PASSPORT certification is the most recent achievement by Kiian Digital. The nonstop commitment to develop cutting-edge solutions is the key to our success. Certification programs add value by ensuring transparency and ongoing review of restricted chemicals release in the textile production value chains.
“This is a differential for those who choose the Kiian Digital brand. The certifications also increase the chances for printers to become partners for the leading brands who are asking – as integral part of their supply agreement – the compliance credentials of products used in their processes minimizing health and environmental risks” adds Alessandra Borghi, Kiian Digital – Sales Director.
Digistar HI-Pro certification number is: 17EP00002.
Kiian Digital product portfolio is tested for:
- Nike RSL (Restricted Substance List)
- ADIDAS A01 (Restricted Substance List)
- CLEAR TO WEAR (Restricted Substance List)
- ECO PASSPORT
Posted June 12, 2017
Source: Kiian Digital