- This event has passed.
Texprocess Americas Virtual Symposium: The Factory Of The Future
October 7 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
The textile industry is experiencing a shift from mass production to custom service and rapid distribution. Opportunities to apply robotics, AI, visual systems, advanced path planning, and other advanced technologies are being developed by a new generation of entrepreneurs, and companies motivated to keep up with this changing environment are presented with a number of new challenges and questions to consider. Join us on October 7th, to hear our panel of experts (representing perspectives from small start-ups to government suppliers to market leaders) as they discuss:
- What disruptive technologies are coming and what is the current robotic sewing capability?
- What infrastructure is required to address the changing workforce?
- Who is building/integrating robotic technology and where are funds being sourced?
- What are some metrics observed that compares robotics vs human manufacturing?
- What are the challenges and progress made as it relates to end-of-arm tooling?
- Are there any unique challenges in manufacturing DoD apparel and non-apparel products?
Arnie Kravitz, Chief Technology Officer, Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM)
Andrea Madho, DEO & Cofounder, Lab141
John Martynec, Executive Vice President of Manufacturing and Operations, Hickey Freeman
Eric Spackey, CEO, Bluewater Defense
Giovanni Tracanella, Global Industrial Director, U.S. Operations Vice President, Vibram