LAS VEGAS — February 13, 2018 — This week during the Sourcing at MAGIC tradeshow in Las Vegas, Electronics For Imaging Inc. (EFI) is showcasing its award-winning end-to-end solution for digital textile manufacturing – the EFI™ Mini Textile Factory. A unique offering for industrial textile digital printing, the Factory encompasses design, print preparation, printing, image fixation and cutting with an integrated set of solutions from EFI and partners.
MAGIC attendees can witness how digital printing can revolutionize the apparel market with the EFI Optitex® 2D and 3D Design platform, the EFI Fiery® Textile Bundle, and EFI Reggiani inkjet printers. This digital workflow makes it easy to collaborate globally and reduces the cost of both sample making and the manufacture of small-lot apparel. It is already revolutionizing the fast fashion market by reducing the need to ship expensive samples around the globe. Over the longer term, it will also enable point-of-need manufacturing, opening new opportunities for brands and retailers alike while taking time and cost out of shipping.
The Mini Textile Factory gives users the ability to do fast prototyping and production, but it also eliminates the need for large minimum orders and inventory, while reducing turn time to market. Apparel companies can produce their goods as you need them, when it’s ordered and purchased.
“This digital transformation is quickly taking hold as brands embrace the ability to bring new collections to market faster, increase the amount of customization they can offer,” said Adele Genoni, vice president and general manager, EFI Reggiani. “The Mini Textile Factory gives brands the ability to create products closer to the point of need while reducing costs and cycle time.”
Guy Alroy, head of Textile product management, EFI Productivity Software, stated, “In the fast-paced apparel industry, this technology enables a full digital ecosystem from design to production. Starting with true-to-life 3D rendering with EFI Optitex technology, through to digital printing and subsequent, efficient cutting processes, ideas can turn quickly into real products.”
End-to-end apparel manufacturing live at Sourcing
Visitors to EFI’s booth #66806 in the north hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center can experience the full digital textile eco-system for manufacturing, from design to cutting to sewing. This includes:
- Design: EFI Optitex provides an integrated 2D/3D digital solution for the fashion and textile industry to enable companies to quickly create true-to-life 3D digital garments that inspire;
- Print Preparation: The EFI Fiery Textile Bundle combines the tools for efficient textile design and file preparation, with the Fiery digital front end (DFE) for professional color management and high-quality RIP output. The DFE features dedicated textile functionality to deliver accurate color, fine details, high saturation, and smooth gradients, and can be used with all EFI Reggiani digital printer models and dedicated cutting systems;
- Printing Solutions: EFI Reggiani printing solutions offer a digital printing process with water-based inks. This eco-friendly, green production process delivers stunning colors and color fidelity for striking fashion designs. EFI Reggiani printers are very versatile in their capabilities, and can print with a variety of different inks to support virtually any fabric type for efficient digital production;
- Image Fixation: A variety of different processes can be implemented into the process to allow fixation of color on any number of different fabrics;
- Cutting Solutions: EFI and partner technologies automate the cutting process, thanks to its compatibility with almost any material to prepare fabrics for sewing.
The products shown this week extend EFI’s global role in the analog-to-digital transformation of print manufacturing, including in the commercial print, ceramics, corrugated packaging and signage and display graphics industries.
Posted February 13, 2018
Source: Electronics For Imaging