Hans Trützschler, managing partner, Trützschler GmbH and Co. KG, Germany, died Dec. 19, 2004, at
the age of 77.
Trützschler, together with his cousin, Hermann Trützschler, re-established the company in
Monchengladbach following World War II in 1948, expropriating the original company that had been
founded in Saxony in 1888 by Paul Heinrich Trützschler and Bruno Gey for the production of fiber
preparation machinery. Under the two cousins’ leadership, the company became a global leader in the
production of such machinery including high-production cards, reaching into the nonwovens and
technical textiles sector as well.
(VDMA). Chairing its Textile Machinery Section from 1976 to 1989, he fostered the globalization of
the German textile machinery sector.
(CEMATEX) from 1976 to 1995, serving as its vice president for 10 years and as president of the
Organization Committee that was responsible for ITMA 1991, held in Hannover, Germany.
Advisory Committee and the General Assembly of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, as a lay judge
at the Labor Court, and on the Executive Board of the Walter Reiners Foundation. Trützschler
received the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany for his personal commitment and