CARY, N.C./BRUSSELS, Belgium — October 25, 2016 — Dr. Welber Barral, a leading expert in Latin American foreign trade, will be the keynote speaker at the second edition of OUTLOOK™ Plus Latin America, March 7-9 in São Paulo, Brazil. The conference is organized by the global nonwovens trade associations EDANA and INDA. Barral is chairman of the Brazilian Industries Coalition, Managing Partner of Barral M Jorge Consultants, a consultant of the Sao Paulo Industries Federation, and has previously served as Brazilian Secretary of Foreign Trade. He will discuss the advantages/barriers to doing business in Brazil and share his incisive view on Brazil’s changing political environment and its impact on growth prospects and investment attractiveness.
The three-day conference will examine Latin American economic, market statistics, products, and technology intelligence for the absorbent hygiene, personal care, and medical market segments at the Grand Hyatt, São Paulo. A preliminary list of notable speakers includes:
- Alexander Corrêra, New Business Development, Suzano, will discuss industrial scale pure eucalyptus fluff pulp and South American consumer findings regarding its use in new hygiene and personal care products.
- Beatriz Goldaracena, New Business Development – Brazil, The Dow Chemical Company, will share economic, market statistics, and dynamics with supply/demand balance and future market trend forecasts.
- Rosana Castro de Godoi, Business Manager, Latin America, Tredegar Film Products, will present the factors driving double digit growth for the adult incontinence product market.
- Daniel Guerrero, President, South America, Berry Plastics, will interpret global market dynamics, growth trends, and their potential impact across South America from the view of the largest manufacturer of nonwoven fabrics, disposable hygiene, healthcare, and specialty sectors.
- Rick Jezzi, Principal, A.D. Jezzi & Associates will speak about airlaid nonwoven materials and their use in South American feminine hygiene products.
- Rafael Martins, Head of Innovation & Technology, South America, Freudenberg Não-Tecidos Ltda., will discuss the latest diaper trends in South America.
- Dr. Scott Smith, Research Fellow, Innovation Management, Evonik Corp., will discuss the limits in superabsorbent performance and new technologies that generate higher value in hygiene.
- Valdemir Radde, Sales Director – Latin America, Fitesa, will examine the Latin American market environment detailing hygiene’s latest trends.
- Fabio Rangel, Research Associate Director, Johnson & Johnson, will discuss the evolution of the Latin American feminine hygiene market.
- Pablo Cadaval Santos, Production and Quality Manager, Klabin, will share their recent fluff pulp project and how fluff pulp fits into the Latin American market.
- Walter Spinardi, Principal, WPS Consultoria, will present the impact of sensorial and visual aspects of feminine care products on consumer preferences.
Simultaneous translation in English, Portuguese, and Spanish will be provided during the conference.
In addition, tabletop exhibitions will be held on March 7-8 with opportunities for participants to meet and network during the conference. Participants registered for March 7-8 will enjoy evening cocktail events. Additional program, tabletop, hotel, and registration information is available on inda.org and edana.org. ABINT, the Brazilian Technical Textiles and Nonwovens Association, is an event supporter.
Posted October 25, 2016