UNION, N.J. — April 10, 2014 — JEC Group, the world’s largest organization exclusively dedicated to the composites industry, has announced the ten winners of its prestigious 2014 JEC Americas Innovation Awards program, which highlights the most pivotal advances in composites design, manufacturing and application. JEC will recognize the ten winning companies and their innovation partners during the third annual JEC Americas exhibition at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
Since its launch in 1998, JEC’s Innovation Awards program has recognized over 700 companies and their partners throughout the world at ceremonies in Paris, Shanghai, Mumbai, Singapore and Boston for their industry-leading contributions toward improving composites technology and enhancing value for end-users.
“The American market has traditionally been at the forefront of composites both in terms of manufacturing and innovation. The Americas continue to be a key engine for innovation, investment and the commercialization of cutting-edge composites technology. The US is a key geography for the global composites industry as it represents around a third of its value, $22.5 billion on an overall of $70 billion,” said Mrs. Frédérique Mutel, President and CEO of JEC Group. “The JEC Innovation Awards Program continues to identify and celebrate the very top innovators from the Americas and abroad to help fulfill JEC’s mission to share the latest industry advances with the global composites community. From environmentally friendly bio-based resins to cutting-edge personal protection to innovative musical applications to integrated software and preforming processes, the products and technologies highlighted in this year’s competition are incredibly rich and varied.”
For this year’s award’s program, JEC compared applications from dozens of international companies for recognition in ten competitive categories, including Automation, Automotive, Ballistics, Construction, Processing, Raw Materials, Reinforcements, Software, Sports & Leisure and Wind Energy.
Reflecting JEC Group’s 20-year history of dedicated support for this region’s vibrant composites industry, the JEC Americas Exhibition & Conference is the only composites event that brings together leaders from the full spectrum of the global composites value chain, both upstream and downstream. This year, JEC Group will leverage its new relationship with Messe Frankfurt, Inc. to co-locate the JEC Americas Exhibition & Conference with Messe Frankfurt’s Techtextil North America and Texprocess Americas shows, giving visitors a rare opportunity to attend all three events at once.
The 2014 Innovation Awards Program is actively supported by JEC Magazine and Aviation Week.
Ten Companies Recognized at the 2014 JEC Americas Innovation Awards
- Raw Materials Category Winner: TSE Industries (USA)
- VOC- and BPA-Free Bio-Based Polyurethane Spray Layup Reinforcing Resin
- Reinforcements Category Winner: Stäubli GmbH (Germany)
- Double Rapier Weaving Machine for Economic Production of Locally Adapted 3D Weaves
- Software Category Winner: Plataine Technologies (USA)
- Integrated Production Optimization – New Technology Bridges the gap between CAD and ERP
- Processing Category Winner: EADS (Germany)
- Fiber Patch Preforming (FPP) Ttechnology
- Automation Category Winner: Technische Universität Braunschweig (Germany)
- Form-Flexible Preform-End-Effector (FormHand)
- Automotive Category Winner: FRIMO Group GmbH (Germany)
- Technical Demonstrator “Street Shark”
- Ballistics Category Winners: PPE (France), Cedrem (France)
- BBOX High-Energy Absorber for the Defense and Security Market
- Construction Category Winner (JEC Composites Magazine Special Prize): Kompetenzzentrum Holz GmbH (Austria)
- Non-Combustible Composite for Decorative Façades
- Sports & Leisure Category Winner: BComp (Switzerland)
- First Ukulele made of natural fiber Ekoa composites
- Wind Energy Category Winner: Owens Corning (France/USA)
- Innovative Wind Turbine Blades Manufactured with Glass Fabrics
Posted April 14, 2014
Source: JEC Americas