ALPHARETTA, Ga. — August 10, 2016 — Shopfloor Support LLC announces Release 3.0 (R3) of its breakthrough Shop Floor Control (SFC) solution for sewn products and other discrete manufacturers. The major new software and supporting technology upgrade delivers both new and enhanced capabilities that extend the value and benefits of SFC for its fast growing and diverse client and partner community.
“R3 brings so much more than a typical software update,” explained Shopfloor Partner Justin Hershoran. “Over the past three years, we have been honored with the trust and collaboration of so many customers and partners that now represent the driving force in our ongoing development efforts. This community has inspired the many new capabilities, usability enhancements, analytics and supporting technologies that make up this powerful new release.”
Key among the new capabilities of the Android™-based Shopfloor Eye™ app are:
- Visual Communication – of construction details, operational methods, quality standards and other information on tablets empower workers to more quickly and accurately perform tasks.
- Smart Sequencing – eliminates significant non-productive time by automatically selecting the operation type for as workers begin each new bundle or unit of production.
- Operator Switch – a tap of the tablet supports self-measurement and pacing of individual units or bundles for production workers.
Most notable new business analytics and cloud-based management capabilities include:
- Data Rollups – companies using multiple servers, e.g. across multiple plants/facilities, can automatically roll-up information from all servers to gain operation-wide visibility and control.
- WIP Calculation – enables businesses to immediately visualize the economic value and throughput time of the current level of work-in-process inventories.
Technological enhancements include:
- HTTPS Security – provides encryption and enhanced security for information shared outside of your secured internal network through industry standard Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure.
- Pay Rate Variances – small bundle premiums and product size incentive piece rate variances are now supported.
- Power Options – simplifying the supply of power to tablets, Shopfloor now supports direct connection to USB-equipped equipment (e.g. sewing machines) and through the Power over Ethernet (PoE) protocol.
Shopfloor R3 is now being deployed as part of the company’s standard service level agreement across current customers and is now integrated into the standard feature set for all future implementations.
Posted August 11, 2016
Source: Shopfloor Support LLC