WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — June 15, 2015 — HanesBrands announced the company has made the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest companies for the first time. Hanes, a leading global marketer of everyday basic innerwear and activewear apparel under world-class brands, is one of just five apparel companies on the Fortune 500.
Hanes ranks No. 490 on the list of largest American public companies by revenue published in the Fortune magazine issue dated June 15, 2015, and available on newsstands. Hanes made the list after posting record sales of $5.32 billion in 2014, up 15 percent over the company’s previous record for sales in 2013.
“We’re proud of our continuing growth success that has allowed us to make the Fortune 500 in the same year that we joined the S&P 500,” Hanes Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard A. Noll said. “The recognitions reflect the success of our Innovate-to-Elevate, global supply chain and acquisition strategies and the smart use of free cash flow to create value.”
In March, S&P Dow Jones Indices added Hanes to the S&P 500 stock market index designed to reflect the U.S. economy through leading large-cap companies in leading industries.
By several measures, Hanes ranks higher than its revenue ranking compared with Fortune 500 companies in 2014. Highlights include:
- For 2014, Hanes’ 61 percent total return to shareholders ranked No. 17
- For the past five years, Hanes’ 36.5 percent rate of annual total return to shareholders ranked No. 20
- Hanes ranked No. 341 for profit
- Hanes ranked No. 211 for profit as a percentage of sales
- Hanes profit growth of 22.4 percent exceeded the Fortune 500 median of 9.9 percent
- Hanes sales growth of 15.1 percent exceeded the Fortune 500 median of 4.3 percent.
Posted June 16, 2015