TOKYO, Japan — April 25, 2017 — The Teijin Group announced today that its core aramid-fibers business Teijin Aramid, and fiber and products converting business Teijin Frontier Co. Ltd. will exhibit at Techtextil, an international trade fair for technical textiles and nonwovens to be held at Messe Frankfurt in Frankfurt, Germany, from May 9-12.
The Teijin booth, Hall 4.1, Stand E09, will showcase its advanced solutions incorporating various proprietary materials that are widely used in safety and protection, infrastructure, automotive, and other industrial fields, including:
- Teijinconex® meta-aramid fiber, offering highly durable heat resistance and flame retardation for firefighting protective apparel and industrial uniforms. It is also used as a reinforcement material for heat-resistant filters, rubber belts and turbocharger hoses.
- Teijinconex® neo meta-aramid fiber, achieves unsurpassed heat resistance, excellent dyeability and environmental compliance for diverse solutions suited to protective clothing.
- Twaron® and Technora® para-aramid fibers, withstanding temperatures of up to 400°C and offer exceptional strength for bulletproof and stab-resistant protective clothing. They also are excellent materials for automotive brake pads and reinforcement in tires, conveyor belts and various composite materials.
- Endumax®, Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) offering high dimensional stability at very low weight, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications whenever there is a need for superior strength, safety, light weight or durability, such as ballistic protection or high-performance unit load devices.
- Nanofront®, the world’s first 700-nanometer ultra-fine polyester fiber featuring superior fitting, slip resistance, heat and light shielding, and filtering properties. It is used for diverse applications, including clothing, sportswear and industrial applications.
- elk®, lightweight, durable, cushiony and breathable material, serves as an excellent substitute for polyurethane in a range of cushioning applications.
- Tepyrus®, polyester ultra-fine short-cut fiber specially engineered for nonwovens. It is used in applications such as nonwoven sheets for filters and electronic materials.
The Teijin Group aims to work to properly address heightened disaster mitigation awareness and growing needs for refurbishing and expanding infrastructure as one of the growth strategies in its medium-term management plan for 2017-2019. The comprehensive presence of the Teijin Group at Techtextil is an evidence of its strong position in the global market and commitment to advanced solutions that meet these growing needs, utilizing its high-performance materials such as technical textiles and nonwovens.
Posted April 25, 2017
Source: The Teijin Group