12th EXINTEX offers visitors a look at the textile production chain.
TW Special Report
Organized since its inception by the Mexican Chamber of the Textile Industry and the National Association for Textile Entrepreneurs A.C., this year's EXINTEX will present more than 1,200 exhibitors from 55 countries in more than 333,000 square feet of exhibition space. The show floor will be divided into four areas: machinery and replacement parts for the textile and apparel industry; sewing trims; chemical and textile products and services; and full-package finished goods.
EXINTEX 2003 will be staged in Puebla, Mexico. Among the city’s famous sites is the Cathedral of Puebla, located near the active Popocatépetl volcano.
More than 24,000 expected visitors will have the opportunity to view the following:
• apparel textiles made from both natural and man-made fibers;
• home textiles, including blankets, kitchen and cleaning textiles, curtains and drapery fabrics, wall coverings, household and bed linens, rugs and carpets, and towels;
• full-package finished goods;
• leading-edge textile machinery and technology; and
• textile services, supplies and equipment for the production of fibers, dyes, oils and greases, acrylics, adhesives, dispersers, emulsifiers, lubricants, flammables, solvents and other items.
A conference cycle also will be offered at the exhibition. Topics will include administration, finance, production and design, inventory management and sales, and international commerce and economics.
Business meetings - a new feature of the exhibition this year - will be organized during the first three days of the exhibition to facilitate business opportunities among EXINTEX exhibitors. Buyers and suppliers alike will have the opportunity during these specially scheduled meetings to make business contacts with producers and potential buyers from chain markets, the hotel industry, and public and private sectors.
Fashion shows demonstrating design, texture and material trends also will be presented during the four-day show.
Visitors will be able to take advantage of many services at EXINTEX, including a business center with lecture halls; a secretarial center; copy, fax and Internet services; exhibitors directory; a restaurant, cafeteria and bar; valet parking; and wardrobe service. A personal assistance service also will be offered to visitors.
A tourist information area will provide visitors with details on tourist destinations in the area.