INVISTA'S CORDURA® Brand Expands Performance Denim Line with New Innovations
WICHITA, Kan. — June 2, 2014 — INVISTA’s durable CORDURA® brand fabric, in collaboration with Artistic Milliners, a leader in global denim technologies, launches new denim innovations with technical performance features that include thermoregulation, moisture management, water repellency, and enhanced tear resistance. These new additions add to existing CORDURA® Denim fabrics with stretch and para-aramid properties.
Rugged CORDURA® Denim fabric helps hard-working jeans last longer than traditional 100 percent cotton denim. Based on an intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6.6 fiber, CORDURA® Denim fabric offers the authentic look and comfort of cotton denim, but with added abrasion resistance and toughness.*
“Today’s lifestyles trends are expanding the boundaries for denims. CORDURA® Denim fabric helps consumers push their performance with inherent technical capabilities such as thermoregulation features as well as exceptional abrasion resistance,” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand marketing director. “We look forward to a new, innovative generation of durable performance denims for apparel, including thermoregulation and waterproof denim solutions for hiking, skiing, rock climbing, snowboarding, motorcycling and urban cycling.”
New fabric innovations from Artistic Milliners include durable denims with thermoregulation functionality to enhance warmth or cooling properties when needed. These denim fabrics contain fibers with a specially engineered cross-section that helps to move moisture away in hot climates as well as hollow core fibers to help provide insulation for added comfort on colder days. Other durable performance denims in the CORDURA® Denim fabric collection feature technologies designed to channel moisture and enhance airflow.
The latest CORDURA® Denim performance fabrics from Artistic Milliners include:
- AMX-706C — durable 11 oz (382 gm2) CORDURA® Denim fabric with thermoregulation capabilities.
- AMS-1110D — durable 9 oz (300 gm2) CORDURA® Denim fabric with thermoregulation capabilities.
- AMS-1110B — durable 10oz (321 gm2) stretch CORDURA® Denim fabric incorporating hollow core fibers for insulation comfort AMS-1110E – durable 10oz (321 gm2) stretch CORDURA® Denim fabric incorporating specially engineered fibers that help move moisture away as well as hollow core fibers to help provide insulation.
- Waterproof CORDURA® Denim fabric incorporating three-ply laminate technology.
- CORDURA® Denim fabrics incorporating para-aramid fibers for enhanced fabric tear strength in applications such as motorcycle apparel.
*Martindale testing based on 13.75 oz denim fabric.
Posted June 3, 2014