Techtextil 2013 Exhibitor Preview: Comez
Since October 2012, COMEZ combined business activity in this application fields with Jakob Müller AG and therefore the two brands will jointly exhibit their machines at TECHTEXTIL 2013.
COMEZ has made available a range of machines which are especially suited to producing a countless number of articles for technical use: ribbons, bands, plain and tubular fabrics, 3-D fabrics, plain and tubular netting, which are employed in a multitude of varied applications in several sectors like medical, geo-textile, building, automotive, industrial, transport, sports and leisure, furniture, etc.
COMEZ machines present ideal characteristics for the production of technical textiles:
* a high degree of versatility when using special yarns, which can be processed safely while maintaining high operating speeds (natural yarns such as wool and cotton, special yarns such as Kevlar, aramid and glass fibres, copper and zinc yarns, etc.);
* COMEZ machines can produce a wide range of warp weaves (such as closed knit tricot, open knit tricot, closed chaining effect, open chaining effect) which confer to the fabric excellent characteristics in dimensional stability or three-dimensional effects;
* thanks to the exclusive use of the COMEZ electronic drive system, it is possible to obtain very long and varied pattern repetitions and special effects on fabrics, guaranteeing a constant and uniform yarn feed.
The following COMEZ machine will be displayed at TECHTEXTIL 2013.
Electronic double needle bed warp knitting machine for the production of an extremely wide range of articles, such as, for example for:
* technical uses (netting for sports equipment and the food industry, high resistance ribbons in special fibres, ribbons and fabrics for applications in the geo-textile, automotive, building and industrial sectors)
* medical uses (tubular elastic netting, emergency bandages and dressings, disposable underwear)
* footwear (spacer fabrics for uppers).
Available in several gauges from 5 to 20 n.p.i., it uses individual latch needles and is fitted with 8 guide bars with electronic control.
The machine has a working width of 32 inches, allowing for quick article change times, consequently cutting down on costs. The distance between the two needle beds can be set using micrometric adjustments up to a maximum of 20 mm.
Any type of yarn can be processed according to the machine gauge: natural yarns such as wool and cotton; synthetic yarns; special yarns such as Kevlar, glass fibres, metallic yarns, high strength polypropylene and polyester yarns, monofilament yarns, etc.
The electronic drive of the take-down allows for the production of different stitch density values (stitches/cm) on one single product, and the electronic drive of the thread feeders allows for the production of different values for weft/warp feeding and elasticity.
Thanks to the presence of 2 needle beds, and the unique evolution of the pattern guide bars, it is possible to knit "double face" articles, with alternative three-dimensional structures and flat sections: to produce articles such as knitted nettings with a flat surface or tubular form, both rigid and elastic, and 3D fabrics.
Posted on March 18, 2013