ITMF Annual Conference: Rebalancing The Power Between Manufacturing & Retail
This year's ITMF Annual Conference will explore the changing relationship between textile producers and retailers.
TW Special Report
Volatile raw material markets, sovereign debt crises, currency disputes, political instability in some countries and regions, an unfinished Doha Trade Round, looming protectionism, growing world population, demographic changes, climate change — these are just a few of the short- and long-term challenges that have far-reaching implications for the global textile value chain.
More than 20 high-level experts from around the world covering relevant aspects along the total textile value chain — from fiber to retail — will present their analyses and views during the conference in Austria.
The 2013 ITMF Annual Conference will be held at the Festival and Congress Hall in Bregenz, Austria.
The following topics, among others, will be discussed during the conference:
- Metrics for Sustainability in Cotton Production;
- DNA Analytical Test Systems for Cotton;
- Regional Markets for Manufactured Fibers: Overview and Outlook;
- Viscose Fibers: Application Areas;
- Europe's Textile Industry: How to Remain Competitive;
- How E-Commerce and Social Media Influence the Textile Supply Chain;
- The Global Textile Supply Chain: Constant Change;
- Retail's Perspective on the Textile Supply Chain;
- China's Textile Industry — Today and Tomorrow;
- The Global Textile Machinery Market Situation;
- Development Potentials for Technical Textiles; and
- New Paradigms in Textile Product Development and Production.