INDA Announces Nominees For IDEA13 Achievement Awards
CARY, N.C. — January 17, 2013 — A total of 15 of the most innovative and successful new products in
the nonwovens and engineered fabrics industries over the past three years have been nominated as
finalists for the prestigious IDEA13 Achievement Awards. The finalists were selected from
submissions in five categories and the winners will be announced during theIDEA13 International
Engineered Fabrics Conference and Expo, April 22-25, 2013 in Miami Beach, Florida.
The IDEA13 Achievement Awards, sponsored by INDA, Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics industry, in partnership with Nonwovens Industry magazine,recognize the leading new products in five categories - Short-Life Converted Product, Long-Life Converted Product, Equipment, Raw Materials and Roll Goods - in the global engineered fabrics industry introduced since IDEA10.
"These IDEA Achievement Awards promote innovation and recognize outstanding achievement within the worldwide engineered fabrics community and it is fitting that they will be presented during IDEA13, the most important industry trade show of the year," says Dave Rousse, President of INDA, the organizer of the triennial IDEA Conference and Exposition.
Matt Carey, publisher of Nonwovens Industry, agrees that IDEA13 is an ideal venue for promoting and rewarding innovation in the industry. "We have been intimately involved in this industry for more than three decades, and this partnership with INDA allows us to recognize the individuals and companies that have made the industry what it is today," Carey says.
The industry will select the recipients in each category through online voting beginning this week at www.nonwovens-industry.com. Voting will remain open through March 29, 2013.
Converted Products (Short-Life)
1. Ecovative: Ecovative Mushroom® Packaging
2. ITW Dymon: Raptor Safe-T® Wipe (Substance Activated Fast EvaluationTechnology)
3. Rockline Industries: Bissell® Stomp 'N Go® Stain Lifting Pads
Converted Product (Long-life)
1. Desa Co.: Technology 3DESA (3D Economical System of Aspiration)
2. First Line Technology: FiberTect® Composite Substrate
3. Hunter Douglas: DuoTone Honeycomb Window Shade
1. ITW Dynatec: Surge Adhesive Applicator
2. Nordson®: Allegro™ Elastic Attachment Nozzle
3. Xanofi: XanoShear™ Nanofiber Machine
1. Dow Chemical: Infuse™ OBC Elastomer
2. Dow Chemical: Rhoplex™ Econext™ Binders
3. Sandler AG: Bio Textile Bio-wipes Substrate
1. Bonar: Colback® Face to Face Primary Carpet Backing
2. Hollingsworth & Vose: NanoWave® Filtration Media
3. Technical Absorbents (Bluestar Fibres): KoolSorb Fabric
For a complete description of the nominated finalists and to vote for therecipient of the IDEA13 Achievement Award in each of five categories, go to www.nonwovens-industry.com.
Posted on January 22, 2013