INDA Announces IDEA13 Achievement Award Winners
INDA, Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry organizer of IDEA13, once again partnered with Nonwovens Industry magazine on the Awards. The IDEA13 Achievement Awards are presented to the best new products during the last three years, in the following five categories: Equipment, Raw Materials, Roll Goods, Short-Life End Product and Long-Life End Product.
The five winners are:
IDEA13 Machinery/Equipment Achievement Award:
ITW Dynatec: Surge Adhesive Applicator
IDEA13 Fibers/Raw Materials Achievement Award:
Sandler AG: Bio Textile Bio-wipes Substrate
IDEA13 Roll Goods Achievement Award:
Hollingsworth & Vose: NanoWave® Filtration Media
IDEA13 Short-Life Converted Product Achievement Award:
ITW Dymon: Raptor Safe-T® Wipe (Substance Activated Fast Evaluation Technology)
IDEA13 Long-Life Converted Product Achievement Award:
Hunter Douglas: DuoTone Honeycomb Window Shade
"I would like extend my thanks and appreciation to all of this year's winners and finalists. Their products were chosen by the industry as the best new products in the last three years and I believe each one is a testament to the innovative spirit that is so much a part of our industry," says Dave Rousse, INDA President.
In addition, the IDEA13 Entrepreneur Achievement Award was presented to Suominen Nonwovens. The recipient of this Award was selected by Nonwovens Industry Magazine. "Suominen Nonwoven's bold step to transform their organization and reposition to serve a growing wipes market displayed the kind of entrepreneurial spirit that warranted this award," says Matt Carey, Publisher Nonwovens Industry Magazine.
The IDEA13 Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to Rory Holmes, past President of INDA. New INDA President, Dave Rousse, recognized the accomplishments of Mr. Holmes during the award presentation. "Rory has had many outstanding achievements over his long and successful career. From his long tenure at Johnson & Johnson to PGI/Chicopee and most recently as my predecessor at INDA, he has given his all to this industry. I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for the exemplary job he has done over the past nine years at INDA. Rory has made so many contributions to help advance our industry during his career and this Lifetime Achievement Award is in appreciation for his dedication and service," says Rousse.
The complete list of finalists in the five categories for the IDEA13 Achievement Awards:
Converted Products (Short-Life)
1. Ecovative: Ecovative Mushroom® Packaging
2. ITW Dymon: Raptor Safe-T® Wipe (Substance Activated Fast Evaluation Technology)
3. Rockline Industries: Bissell® Stomp 'N Go® Stain Lifting Pads
Converted Product (Long-life)
1. Desa Co.: Technology 3DESA (3D Economical System of Aspiration)
2. First Line Technology: FiberTect® Composite Substrate
3. Hunter Douglas: DuoTone Honeycomb Window Shade
1. ITW Dynatec: Surge Adhesive Applicator
2. Nordson®: Allegro™ Elastic Attachment Nozzle
3. Xanofi: XanoShear™ Nanofiber Machine
1. Dow Chemical: Infuse™ OBC Elastomer
2. Dow Chemical: Rhoplex™ Econext™ Binders
3. Sandler AG: Bio Textile Bio-wipes Substrate
1. Bonar: Colback® Face to Face Primary Carpet Backing
2. Hollingsworth & Vose: NanoWave® Filtration Media
3. Technical Absorbents (Bluestar Fibres): KoolSorb Fabric
For information on IDEA16, the International Engineered Fabrics Conference and Exposition, April 11-14, 2016, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, Florida USA: www.inda.org.
Posted on April 30, 2013