Mount Vernon FR Highlights Value-Added Fabric With Softening Finish
MAULDIN, S.C. — December 3, 2012 — To enhance the comfort of flame resistant garments made with
Mount Vernon FR fabric, Mount Vernon Mills is now offering its AMSOFT™ finish on all fabrics
available within the brand's six collections. .
The AMSOFT finish is applied to Mount Vernon FR fabrics using the Biancalani AIRO® 24 machine, which uses a chemical-free softening process to provide a distinct, naturally soft hand and improved drape to the company's flame resistant fabrics. The AMSOFT process softens fabric at a speed of 40 meters per minute, and can process up to 600 kilograms of fabric per hour.
"Utilizing the latest technology in the industry guarantees that Mount Vernon FR fabrics are the most comfortable fabrics available on the market," said Mike Woods, vice president of flame resistant fabric sales for Mount Vernon Mills. "Our AMSOFT finish exemplifies Mount Vernon's continual pursuit of innovation and added value for our customers, who demand comfort as well as safety in their flame resistant garments."
The AMSOFT finish can be applied to the company's extensive selection of flame resistant protective fabrics in the following six collections:
- AMTEX™ C100 — 100 percent cotton
- AMTEX™ PLUS — 88 percent cotton/12 percent nylon blend
- RESILIENCE® — 80 percent cotton/20 percent Nomex® blend
- RESILIENCE® TRIO — Cotton/Nomex®/nylon blend
- PHOENIX FR — Flame-resistant denim ranging from 7.5 to 14.75 ounces/square yard
- MY•FR — Custom fabric program that allows customers to tailor flame resistant fabrics to match their unique needs
Posted December 3, 2012
Source: Mount Vernon