Six INVISTA Sites Receive Award For Environmental, Health And Safety Performance
WICHITA, Kan. — May 16, 2011 — Six INVISTA sites have received an INVISTA EHS Perfect Year award
for 2010, signifying their excellent environmental, health, and safety (EHS) performance that year.
The INVISTA EHS Perfect Year is a company metric and recognition program with criteria including zero recordable injuries, zero environmental agency reportable incidents, zero notices of violation and zero citizen complaints.
"I am very proud of these INVISTA sites," said Walter Tyler, INVISTA's global director of environment, health and safety. "This achievement is a reflection of INVISTA employees' commitment to compliance and the protection of health, safety, and the environment, each and every day."
These six sites received the INVISTA EHS Perfect Year award for 2010:
- Dalton, Georgia, USA: Conducts research and development for products marketed under globally-known brands
- Martinsville, Virginia, USA: Manufactures specialized flow devices and close-tolerance parts for global INVISTA businesses and other customers
- Foshan, China: Manufactures high-quality spandex for multiple textile processing applications
- Monterrey, Mexico: Produces low-orientation yarn (LOY), partially-oriented yarn (POY), and fully-drawn yarn (FDY); provides texturing and beaming for nylon 6 and 6,6; and creates tubes and beams of LYCRA® fiber
- Paulinia, Brazil: Manufactures branded spandex products such as LYCRA®, ELASPAN®, LYCRA HyFit™ and Xtra Life LYCRA® fibers
- Qingpu, China: Produces LYCRA® and ELASPAN® fibers for apparel applications
"These accomplishments illustrate the company's commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and protecting the environment while we create valued products for the global markets we serve," said Tyler.
Posted on May 16, 2011